HOPEPOF , you out there, Primal Diet OT

HOPEPOF , you out there, Primal Diet OT

July 18th, 2012, 4:38 pm #1

Hey there,

I havent been on board much but wondering how you are doing with the diet? I am following your site and checking on you when I can. I am not doing the crossfit but have lost a good amount and feel great

Wanted to say that DH had bloodwork yesterday. He is in AWE! He is not doing it 100% like me but is for some lunches and dinners that I cook. His cholestrol dropped 30pt in 3 months and his best triglyceride # ever! He has also lost 10% of his weight in 3 months. He is loving it and a believer now. He has never had so much meat, good fat, etc in his life and his cholesterol went down! Love it! Oh yeah and his BP is now in normal range, first time in 3 years. THey took it twice that they didn't believe it. haha!

July 18th, 2012, 11:55 pm #2

Are you talking about the palei diet? I have high triglycerides. I wonder if you can follow this diet while bf'ing. I'm somewhat familiar with the diet. I just don't want to do anything that could negatively effect my milk supply.

July 19th, 2012, 2:21 am #3

yes, the paleo diet. We are not strict, I would say I follow it 90% of the time and DH does about 75% of the time. He has had great results both in weight loss and his blood work. I have had great results in weight loss and good results in helping my stomach disorder and both of us have MORE energy! What parent could not use more energy!

I am not sure about milk supply but cavemommies ate that way and fed their kids so ...

You can maybe google and find personal stories or blogs that include breast feeding mommies on it. You get a lot of protein, veg and fruit, VERY healthy so I would think it would be great.

You are such a wonderful breastfeeding momma, I would hate for anything to wrinkle this amazing time and journey. Are you getting any more rest? How is lil man? What is his latest antic?

July 19th, 2012, 4:29 am #4

Hey there,

I havent been on board much but wondering how you are doing with the diet? I am following your site and checking on you when I can. I am not doing the crossfit but have lost a good amount and feel great

Wanted to say that DH had bloodwork yesterday. He is in AWE! He is not doing it 100% like me but is for some lunches and dinners that I cook. His cholestrol dropped 30pt in 3 months and his best triglyceride # ever! He has also lost 10% of his weight in 3 months. He is loving it and a believer now. He has never had so much meat, good fat, etc in his life and his cholesterol went down! Love it! Oh yeah and his BP is now in normal range, first time in 3 years. THey took it twice that they didn't believe it. haha!
WOW! Awesome job DH!!! That's wonderful! I'm trying to convince everyone I know that they should go on the diet. Hehehehe I'm doing it 100% & feel AMAZING & awesome! The results are beyond what I imagined! I've lost 16lb in 4.5 months, went from a size 8 to a size 4. My goal was to have a 6 pack by the time DH gets back from Afghanistan & I'm nearly there.

I am so happy to hear about your DH's results! Amazing & so glad he's found something to help his levels! And great for you for dropping some weight too! YAY!

Hopepof

July 19th, 2012, 10:44 am #5

Hey there,

Ooh, I want to try it. Is there a book? I really need to lose about 15 lbs.

July 19th, 2012, 4:31 pm #6

Hey there,

sorry double post (nt)
Last edited by BabsA on July 19th, 2012, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

July 19th, 2012, 4:31 pm #7

Hey there,

Last edited by BabsA on March 10th, 2013, 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

July 19th, 2012, 4:40 pm #8

WOW! Awesome job DH!!! That's wonderful! I'm trying to convince everyone I know that they should go on the diet. Hehehehe I'm doing it 100% & feel AMAZING & awesome! The results are beyond what I imagined! I've lost 16lb in 4.5 months, went from a size 8 to a size 4. My goal was to have a 6 pack by the time DH gets back from Afghanistan & I'm nearly there.

I am so happy to hear about your DH's results! Amazing & so glad he's found something to help his levels! And great for you for dropping some weight too! YAY!

Hopepof
So happy to hear how you are doing. DH is gonna fall over and be so impressed when he comes home. I am sure he will anyway but what a great way to motivate and build strength and be an example for your sweet twins! Nice job mommma - I mean hot momma!

I plan to do some bloodwork in the fall at my annual exam and cannot wait to see what my levels are? I have had high cholestrol since a teen.

I too am "selling / talking up" this diet to anyone and everyone. You would think Robb Wolf Or Mark Sisson was paying me! haha

Cheers!

July 19th, 2012, 4:42 pm #9

Hey miss,

I follow more closely the primal diet, similar to the paleo but has some "good dairy" in it. I have some greek yogurt a few time a week and cheese a few time a week too. No drinking milk though. Oh and cottage cheese is great at breakfast!

www.marksdailyapple.com is a good site for this approach.

July 19th, 2012, 5:52 pm #10

nt
Last edited by BabsA on March 10th, 2013, 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.