Hopeof - au pair perhaps?

Hopeof - au pair perhaps?

February 5th, 2012, 2:31 am #1

Hi Hopeof,
I"ve just picked up the papers here and there is an article about Au pairs. Its something to think about. Perhaps you could get someone to come over to your house for six months when you are a little way into the time without your DH. I say 'a little way in...' because otherwise you would get the person in, six months would fly by, and they would leave - leaving you with four or more months by yourself.
I think you can get an au pair in in a variety of ways e.g. 15 hours a week childcare in exchange for accommodation and food, or more hours for maybe $150 e.g. 30 hours for $130.
Just thought I'd run the au pair thing by you as another possible option.
Not that it compares at all as I've only one child and my DH will come home at night but... I've had my DH here for the past two months now he has a new job so he will be gone for the whole day that Roberto is awake (apart from approx half an hour at night). I"m here today thinking about getting out and seeing people plus looking after myself and R (not necessarily in that order
best, THK

February 5th, 2012, 3:53 am #2

but we live on an army base & I'm not sure how that works with housing etc (I know single active duty mother's can have a live in nanny). It's something to definitely look into... Thanks for another option

I feel that as long as I workout & have wine, then I'm "ok." But that might change when I know the DH isn't coming home... Ahhhh.... This sucks

Hopepof

February 5th, 2012, 5:21 am #3

Hi Hopeof,
I"ve just picked up the papers here and there is an article about Au pairs. Its something to think about. Perhaps you could get someone to come over to your house for six months when you are a little way into the time without your DH. I say 'a little way in...' because otherwise you would get the person in, six months would fly by, and they would leave - leaving you with four or more months by yourself.
I think you can get an au pair in in a variety of ways e.g. 15 hours a week childcare in exchange for accommodation and food, or more hours for maybe $150 e.g. 30 hours for $130.
Just thought I'd run the au pair thing by you as another possible option.
Not that it compares at all as I've only one child and my DH will come home at night but... I've had my DH here for the past two months now he has a new job so he will be gone for the whole day that Roberto is awake (apart from approx half an hour at night). I"m here today thinking about getting out and seeing people plus looking after myself and R (not necessarily in that order
best, THK
Can you email me, pretty please? deborah aka debi @gmail.com, take out the spaces. I have something important to ask you. Thanks! (and tell your DH THANK YOU from me.)

February 5th, 2012, 6:05 pm #4

nt

Hopepof

February 6th, 2012, 8:01 am #5

but we live on an army base & I'm not sure how that works with housing etc (I know single active duty mother's can have a live in nanny). It's something to definitely look into... Thanks for another option

I feel that as long as I workout & have wine, then I'm "ok." But that might change when I know the DH isn't coming home... Ahhhh.... This sucks

Hopepof
Hopeof wine and exercise are great I"m sure with you on that one
It made me smile, thanks, hope your day is going well, best, THK