Home now (mc, ectopic, d&c ment)

Home now (mc, ectopic, d&c ment)

Kekona
Kekona

November 23rd, 2010, 10:36 pm #1

the good news is no molar pg.

Bad news: ectopic. I'm taking methotrexate tomorrow.

There was a little retained tissue. What I passed Saturday was just the endometrial lining. I saved it and it will be analyzed by a local pathologist and also at Yale.

Also have a very painful hematoma on my right hand (makes typing difficult) from the technologist who blew out my vein. (I have excellent veins -- this was completely unnecessary.)

So I don't know how long I'll be benched, or what my next chapter will be. I'm really wishing I'd saved all that cycle money for adopting, instead.

Maggie
Maggie

November 23rd, 2010, 10:40 pm #2

I'm really sorry this has happened to you. I used methotrexate and everything was finished quite quickly, within 12 hrs I'd say. It was like bad cramps but no where near as painful as my heart breaking. You're in my thoughts as you go through this.
Maggie

November 23rd, 2010, 11:06 pm #3

There was a little retained tissue. What I passed Saturday was just the endometrial lining. I saved it and it will be analyzed by a local pathologist and also at Yale.

Also have a very painful hematoma on my right hand (makes typing difficult) from the technologist who blew out my vein. (I have excellent veins -- this was completely unnecessary.)

So I don't know how long I'll be benched, or what my next chapter will be. I'm really wishing I'd saved all that cycle money for adopting, instead.
I'm very sorry. It's all so disheartening, isn't it? I'm glad you got answers and it's not molar, but so awful to have that little embryo implant in the wrong place.

Sorry about your hand, too. I will not let anyone touch my hands with a needle anymore--from way back in my cycling days. All needles go somewhere in my arms now. The good hand veins look so delicious to the nurses, and then they go and blow them out. Never again.

Holding you in my thoughts through this holiday.
xo Carolina

November 23rd, 2010, 11:18 pm #4

I'm so, so sorry. I hope you heal physically and emotionally from this very soon.

November 23rd, 2010, 11:21 pm #5

Oh I'm so sorry. Small relief that it wasn't molar. I'm just so sorry that this all happened. Please know you are in my thoughts. My heart is heavy for you right now. ((hugs))

ks

November 23rd, 2010, 11:30 pm #6

for your loss. Please take care of yourself.

Blessings

Ann

P.S. I was on Methotrexate and needed to be off for 3 months before ttc.

Piper
Piper

November 23rd, 2010, 11:54 pm #7

I am so sad for you and wish that I was there to feed you chocolate and wine. I have been thinking about you all day and just so wish that all of this had not happened.

Do not worry about finances or family building right now- just know that your dream of another child WILL come true.

Jennifer
Jennifer

November 24th, 2010, 12:04 am #8

Hi Kekona. I don't write on the boards much, but have just gone through almost exactly what you're going through and wanted to say how deeply sorry I am. I too wish I had gone the adoption route, and am struggling with the fact that we have no more money for any of this.
My heart goes out to you and DH.
much love,
jennifer

June
June

November 24th, 2010, 12:36 am #9

second guess yourself and the path you took. We all make the best decisions we can with the information we have. No one could have predicted this outcome.

You will remain in my thoughts as you heal.

June

November 24th, 2010, 1:04 am #10

I, too, have been thinking lately about adoption and whether or not I've been wasting the last 2 years on DE, but as someone else told me recently: please don't second guess your past decisions.

For now, please accept our collective healing thoughts and prayers.

Hugs.