Holy Smokes! Fertilization Report

Holy Smokes! Fertilization Report

Anon7
Anon7

June 21st, 2011, 6:23 pm #1

Okay Ladies,

On a SHARED cycle I got 17 mature eggs, of which 12 fertilized. So, she ended up with a massive # of eggs - 34 mature! How in the heck did that happen with a 7 and a 10 after 3 days of stims?

Anyhow, I'm pleased to say the least. With 12, there has got to be a take-home baby in there somewhere! Transfer will be on Saturday. I broached transferring just 1 with the nurse today, and she said Dr. Gill will talk to me the day of transfer, but that she thought he would highly recommend 2, especially "since you're 43". ?? I will just wait and talk to Dr. Gill.

So, that's the story. On a shared cycle, this is a fantastic outcome. I'm shocked and thrilled.

Also, and perhaps it's an omen, I'd run home from work to see if FedEx had delivered the box and they hadn't. Well, as I was typing this there was a knock on the door and Voila! There he was - just got the crinone.

Onward to Saturday.....

bbhoover
bbhoover

June 21st, 2011, 7:21 pm #2

sounds great! also, it is very nice to hear such a positive outcome after your 3 day of stim report! Keep us posted.

anon
anon

June 21st, 2011, 7:27 pm #3

Okay Ladies,

On a SHARED cycle I got 17 mature eggs, of which 12 fertilized. So, she ended up with a massive # of eggs - 34 mature! How in the heck did that happen with a 7 and a 10 after 3 days of stims?

Anyhow, I'm pleased to say the least. With 12, there has got to be a take-home baby in there somewhere! Transfer will be on Saturday. I broached transferring just 1 with the nurse today, and she said Dr. Gill will talk to me the day of transfer, but that she thought he would highly recommend 2, especially "since you're 43". ?? I will just wait and talk to Dr. Gill.

So, that's the story. On a shared cycle, this is a fantastic outcome. I'm shocked and thrilled.

Also, and perhaps it's an omen, I'd run home from work to see if FedEx had delivered the box and they hadn't. Well, as I was typing this there was a knock on the door and Voila! There he was - just got the crinone.

Onward to Saturday.....
know the topic of # to transfer has come up before. with my first cycle two (day 3) embryos that the RE said were "highly likely to result in twins" ended up w/ only one implanting w/ a mc at 6 weeks. I'm on a second donor (this time proven) and two, high quality, day 3 embryos were transferred. One is going strong at nearly 8 weeks. The other never panned out. A day 5 transfer does increase the likelihood of two. Food for thought. Hope whatever you decide brings success.

Malory
Malory

June 21st, 2011, 7:43 pm #4

Okay Ladies,

Onward to Saturday.....
You hit the jackpot Anon7! Definitely let us know what the "you're 43" comment is all about...

June 21st, 2011, 7:45 pm #5

Okay Ladies,

Onward to Saturday.....
that's fantastic!!!

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

June 21st, 2011, 9:04 pm #6

Okay Ladies,

Onward to Saturday.....
GL!!

K
K

June 21st, 2011, 9:08 pm #7

Okay Ladies,

Onward to Saturday.....
Excellent! So so happy for you!!!! You're def set !!!! :) nt

Tracy
Tracy

June 21st, 2011, 9:23 pm #8

Okay Ladies,

Onward to Saturday.....
Outstanding news!!!! So happy for you! Let us know what you decide on transfer day!

xoxo, Tracy

June 21st, 2011, 9:49 pm #9

Okay Ladies,

Onward to Saturday.....
That is a huge number....and 12 fertilized!
We had that number on a single and thought we had won the jackpot!
Good for you! Will be watching for your post 2ww results!!

June 21st, 2011, 10:25 pm #10

Okay Ladies,

Onward to Saturday.....
Given what you have written you may want to tell your clinic to freeze the leftovers from this cycle in ones and not 2 to a straw. That way you have the option of thawing and transferring them one by one if you don't want to transfer 2 for a FET. Just a thought- I know you have probably already considered this. Good Luck to you!
Last edited by Aufrecht on June 21st, 2011, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.