High BP...being induced

High BP...being induced

February 19th, 2012, 6:33 am #1

Well, the swelling has been getting worse and my BP has been creeping up. They found a little protein in my urine too. They are also concerned about baby's size (estimated at 8 lbs 14 oz yesterday) So rather than wait for a real emergency to develop, they recommended induction. My cervix is nowhere near ripe, though, so they just administered Cervidil to ripen and open the cervix.

I am frightened, admitedly. This isn't what we'd planned for. I hope the Cervidil softens and opens my cervix.

Will keep you posted.

February 19th, 2012, 7:28 am #2

I'm thinking of you and wishing you an easy delivery!

February 19th, 2012, 9:30 am #3

Well, the swelling has been getting worse and my BP has been creeping up. They found a little protein in my urine too. They are also concerned about baby's size (estimated at 8 lbs 14 oz yesterday) So rather than wait for a real emergency to develop, they recommended induction. My cervix is nowhere near ripe, though, so they just administered Cervidil to ripen and open the cervix.

I am frightened, admitedly. This isn't what we'd planned for. I hope the Cervidil softens and opens my cervix.

Will keep you posted.

Or did they send you home? I hope things get moving along for you and you will have a sweet baby girl in your arms soon.

February 19th, 2012, 10:13 am #4

Yes, I am in the hospital, where they can monitor my BP (which has lowered and stabilized). Just trying (unseccessfully) to get some sleep and hoping the Cervadil works!

February 19th, 2012, 11:16 am #5

I don't know if that is possible because you are probably really excited! Well just lay there and pretend you are resting Hopefully that Cervadil gets working. We'll have to see if that little girl is as big as they think she is. That would be funny if she is much smaller.

February 19th, 2012, 11:38 am #6

Will keep you posted.

I was induced...first got Cervidil and three hours later, my water broke.
Next morning, Pitcon and the baby was in my arms by dinner!!!
Good luck with everything and enjoy your first few hours with bebe!

February 19th, 2012, 1:10 pm #7

Will keep you posted.

I can't wait to hear all about your sweet babe

February 19th, 2012, 1:35 pm #8

Will keep you posted.

hope everything goes great!!My oldest was induced and everthing went really good!!!
so excited for you!!!!! huge hugs!!

February 19th, 2012, 2:10 pm #9

Will keep you posted.

n/t

February 19th, 2012, 2:12 pm #10

Will keep you posted.

Hope all goes smoothly and can't wait to hear your birth story!!!