Hi Leigh888! Posted a Question Below

January 22nd, 2011, 5:12 am #1

January 22nd, 2011, 1:52 pm #2

I missed it. I replied!

January 22nd, 2011, 5:18 pm #3

I am living vicariously through you right now since we still haven't chosen an ED. Looking forward to today's results!!!

Oh, and such side issue in light of what is going on on your end today, but I'll check on the reimbursement with SG. I imagine once you choose you ED is when you sign the contract (is that how it works)?

ks
ks

January 22nd, 2011, 8:11 pm #4

When you finally select your ED you sign your contract and put your money down, then I think you have 14 days to complete payment for your program. Good Luck on the donor hunt!

ks

ks
ks

January 22nd, 2011, 8:16 pm #5

I missed it. I replied!
Very exciting news! I hope the retrieval goes well and you get a great crop of eggs to work with! Keep us all posted!

From one SG grad to another soon to be! All my best!

ks

January 22nd, 2011, 10:16 pm #6

When you finally select your ED you sign your contract and put your money down, then I think you have 14 days to complete payment for your program. Good Luck on the donor hunt!

ks
This is how it worked for us. I think we put a deposit down right after we chose a donor and the balance of the money was due closer to the start of the cycle. We signed the contract when we paid the balance.

January 22nd, 2011, 10:20 pm #7

Very exciting news! I hope the retrieval goes well and you get a great crop of eggs to work with! Keep us all posted!

From one SG grad to another soon to be! All my best!

ks
I was actually going to page you. They retrieved 15 mature eggs from our donor today and we will get 5. I was actually expecting more, so now I am a little nervous. If I remember correctly, you didn't end up with that many either and it still worked, right? I need a little reassurance that 5 is fine.

We will get the fert report tomorrow.

January 23rd, 2011, 5:03 am #8

ks
I am hopeful that the donor hunt will work out sooner than later. The holding pattern is getting to be a bit much! But it seems in the world of DE, nothing is quick!

January 23rd, 2011, 5:05 am #9

This is how it worked for us. I think we put a deposit down right after we chose a donor and the balance of the money was due closer to the start of the cycle. We signed the contract when we paid the balance.
Maybe once we choose a donor, the whole thing will seem more real to us. Right now, the thought of cycling is just so theoretical.

January 23rd, 2011, 5:14 am #10

I was actually going to page you. They retrieved 15 mature eggs from our donor today and we will get 5. I was actually expecting more, so now I am a little nervous. If I remember correctly, you didn't end up with that many either and it still worked, right? I need a little reassurance that 5 is fine.

We will get the fert report tomorrow.
in a 1:3 split. When the Dr. explained the "pecking order" of the split, and how the third recipient could get bumped if they don't get at least 5 eggs, it seems that most of the time recipients would not end up with many more than 4 eggs even under the best of circumstances. Maybe I am wrong in that assumption, but it seems that a clinic would want a donor to produce enough eggs for the split, but not so many that there are lots left over in the event of a successful pregnancy. I don't know how much they can control the number of eggs that are produced through stimulation, but I have been reading on various websites that the goal is not to overstimulate donors, but to try to produce a good number of viable eggs. Again, I don't know enough about this to speak about it intelligently. I am simply restating information that I read.

KS, do you know of anyone in a 1:3 split who has gotten a lot of eggs or is 4 or 5 pretty typical? Even in a 1:2 split, I wonder how many eggs a recipient might get.