Hi Dixiechic and Julie! (child ment)

Hi Dixiechic and Julie! (child ment)

Veesha
Veesha

March 22nd, 2011, 9:13 pm #1

I tell you, all the ladies on this board are amazing, and both of you, Leigh888 and ks are an absolute Godsend! I really have gotten so much invaluable information and support from each of you. I tell you, the Shady Grove connection has been amazing!

Julie, no worries about not being able to post often. I totally understand how time can just pass you by when you have a little one under foot. My little guy is turning 3 on Thursday. I cannot believe it. It seems like it was just yesterday that I had him...then again it feels like he has been a part of me forever. What an amazing blessing. And to think your little one naps!!! My guy gave those up at around 2-and-a-half years old. Can I just say WOW!!!

Thanks for answering my questions, Dixiechic. I tell you, the more I learn, the more questions I have. Bear with me ladies...I'm a work in progress :^). So let me ask you, does the clinic divide the eggs that are received at the retrieval among the recipients or does it divide those that are deemed to be mature? That is where a little concern comes in about being in the number 3 position. Yesterday the RE told me there was nothing that made her think that I would be dropped. I don't think she told an untruth. I just think that the effort is to be positive (which I appreciate, but UGH!!!)

Here's my update:

I learned the donor has 14 follicles. I was also told that there are 21 follicles, so I don't know what that number means (maybe those aren't large enough to be considered in the current count. I, of course, am guessing. I really don't have any idea what it might mean. So with 14 follicles should I be concerned that I might be cancelled? I know that 14 follicles does not necessarily compute to 14 eggs. I am trying not to over think it, but the more I do that, the more I do think, and think and THINK...The donor will be back in tomorrow for another look-see. She was tentatively scheduled to trigger tomorrow. The RE told me that once 3 eggs reach 18, then they trigger. Yesterday I was told some were measuring 17 all the way down to 10.

Dixiechic, question for you. Did the clinic suggest that you transfer 2 of your high quality blasts, or did you request that? My RE told me that if it looked like we would need to do a 3 day transfer, it would probably be suggested that we transfer 2, but that would be up to us. It's also great that you have 1 blast left, but like you said, you already have gotten an incredible miracle.

Julie, when you mentioned the chances of success being slightly better for a number 3 in the split is that because in theory, the person in the number 3 spot might have less IF challenges than the one in the 1st spot (I hope that doesn't sound insensitive...I am just trying to understand).

BTW, I do get on the pink board from time to time, just to see if I can catch up with what's going on with the 3 of you (ks included - I keep up with Leigh888 on this board). I also enjoy many of the general topics there. I have found a lot of great parenting advice there that has been helpful with our son. I sometimes think about weighing in there, but usually don't because I don't know if it is appropriate because of how he was conceived. Then on the other hand, I think how we all spend so much time working on expanding our families through DE, which is understandable and should be done (in my opinion anyway). But I think once you're a mom, the child's beginnings are so unimportant and we're all in a similar boat of "parents" trying to raise our children. Again, I am sure that I'm over thinking things, in the typical way that I do :^).

Thanks again for keeping up with me, and I'll let you know what tomorrow brings (with my ED update).

Hugs!

ks
ks

March 22nd, 2011, 9:22 pm #2

Was that it was the mature eggs were divided between the recipients. I was #3 in my cycle as well, until the day of retrieval I found out couple number 2 was out! I think there was timing issues with them. So you really never know until you get the call after retrieval.

Your co-ord is probably saying 14 as those are the ones that look to be in the game. And you never know there could be more eggs in each follicle or less, you really don't know?!?! It's so exciting and nerve wracking all at the same time. I can't wait to hear your updates!

All my best to you!

ks

March 22nd, 2011, 9:46 pm #3

Exciting of the possibilities with each update and each step, as well as nerve wracking because there is no control and so many unanswered questions.

I had on idea that one of the couples was out of the split by the time you made it to retrieval. That's interesting. You're right, things are so unknown...until they are known.

How are you and your little girl doing, BTW? I have not been on the pink boards in a bit, but the last time I saw an update from you, things were going well.

Leigh888
Leigh888

March 23rd, 2011, 12:28 am #4

I tell you, all the ladies on this board are amazing, and both of you, Leigh888 and ks are an absolute Godsend! I really have gotten so much invaluable information and support from each of you. I tell you, the Shady Grove connection has been amazing!

Julie, no worries about not being able to post often. I totally understand how time can just pass you by when you have a little one under foot. My little guy is turning 3 on Thursday. I cannot believe it. It seems like it was just yesterday that I had him...then again it feels like he has been a part of me forever. What an amazing blessing. And to think your little one naps!!! My guy gave those up at around 2-and-a-half years old. Can I just say WOW!!!

Thanks for answering my questions, Dixiechic. I tell you, the more I learn, the more questions I have. Bear with me ladies...I'm a work in progress :^). So let me ask you, does the clinic divide the eggs that are received at the retrieval among the recipients or does it divide those that are deemed to be mature? That is where a little concern comes in about being in the number 3 position. Yesterday the RE told me there was nothing that made her think that I would be dropped. I don't think she told an untruth. I just think that the effort is to be positive (which I appreciate, but UGH!!!)

Here's my update:

I learned the donor has 14 follicles. I was also told that there are 21 follicles, so I don't know what that number means (maybe those aren't large enough to be considered in the current count. I, of course, am guessing. I really don't have any idea what it might mean. So with 14 follicles should I be concerned that I might be cancelled? I know that 14 follicles does not necessarily compute to 14 eggs. I am trying not to over think it, but the more I do that, the more I do think, and think and THINK...The donor will be back in tomorrow for another look-see. She was tentatively scheduled to trigger tomorrow. The RE told me that once 3 eggs reach 18, then they trigger. Yesterday I was told some were measuring 17 all the way down to 10.

Dixiechic, question for you. Did the clinic suggest that you transfer 2 of your high quality blasts, or did you request that? My RE told me that if it looked like we would need to do a 3 day transfer, it would probably be suggested that we transfer 2, but that would be up to us. It's also great that you have 1 blast left, but like you said, you already have gotten an incredible miracle.

Julie, when you mentioned the chances of success being slightly better for a number 3 in the split is that because in theory, the person in the number 3 spot might have less IF challenges than the one in the 1st spot (I hope that doesn't sound insensitive...I am just trying to understand).

BTW, I do get on the pink board from time to time, just to see if I can catch up with what's going on with the 3 of you (ks included - I keep up with Leigh888 on this board). I also enjoy many of the general topics there. I have found a lot of great parenting advice there that has been helpful with our son. I sometimes think about weighing in there, but usually don't because I don't know if it is appropriate because of how he was conceived. Then on the other hand, I think how we all spend so much time working on expanding our families through DE, which is understandable and should be done (in my opinion anyway). But I think once you're a mom, the child's beginnings are so unimportant and we're all in a similar boat of "parents" trying to raise our children. Again, I am sure that I'm over thinking things, in the typical way that I do :^).

Thanks again for keeping up with me, and I'll let you know what tomorrow brings (with my ED update).

Hugs!
I was told the day of trigger. We ended up with 15 mature eggs, so we each got five eggs. Hopefully, that makes you feel better!

If they are telling you 14, I think that is the number of mature follicles from which they expect to get a mature egg. I think you should be good. Hang in there!

March 23rd, 2011, 1:51 am #5

I know I keep saying the more I know...the more questions I have.

It does make me feel better to know that you actually got 1 more than was necessary for a 3 way split after being told that you had 14. It also makes sense that 14 is the number of mature eggs they believe they will get. I just they hope they are right or are a bit conservative, like in your case and that we end up with a few more. Wishful thinking I know, but hey, what can wishing hurt?

March 23rd, 2011, 2:17 am #6

Here's my update:

Hugs!
I think some u/s techs only count the big follies so while there may be 21 or more follies, those of notable size are probably the 14. I was a varying amount of follies over the 10 days of stimming. And Leigh is right -- some follies can have 2 eggs.

As far as being the 3rd recipient, the success % fo SG with 3rd recipient is higher than the first. Or that is what I seem to recall.

Can't wait for your update!

March 23rd, 2011, 2:34 am #7

Here's my update:

Hugs!
I really think that you will go to transfer. One very important thing I forgot to tell you about my cycle, is that they were reporting to me she had something like 10 or 12 follicles. Even though I was the primary recipient, I was thinking that we would not end up with very many eggs. Well, like I said, they retrieved 32 eggs!!! So, there you have it, 14 follicles is good. Also, several eggs does not correlate with quality eggs. So, I think that Shady Grove is good about stimulation of donor to promote quality over quantity. I am not sure about dividing b/t mature and immature eggs b/t the 3 recips.

I agonized over transferring 2 blasts b/c they were rated at the highest quality and I really could not handle twins. It was my decision, however, my RE really needed to approve it b/c they encourage transferring one, especially high quality blasts. She was comfortable with me transferring two b/c my medical history was good and thought that if I were to become pregnant with twins that my body would cooperate.

Please try to relax, get a massage or pedicure, do acupuncture. I know easier said than done.

Also, please feel free to come and post on the pink board anytime.

Give us updates as soon as you hear. Rooting for you all the way.

March 23rd, 2011, 3:39 am #8

I think some u/s techs only count the big follies so while there may be 21 or more follies, those of notable size are probably the 14. I was a varying amount of follies over the 10 days of stimming. And Leigh is right -- some follies can have 2 eggs.

As far as being the 3rd recipient, the success % fo SG with 3rd recipient is higher than the first. Or that is what I seem to recall.

Can't wait for your update!
got this information, so I won't jump the gun and read too much into the follicle count right now. Retrieval day is not too far off, so I guess I can busy myself until then (yeah, right - HA)

March 23rd, 2011, 3:50 am #9

I really think that you will go to transfer. One very important thing I forgot to tell you about my cycle, is that they were reporting to me she had something like 10 or 12 follicles. Even though I was the primary recipient, I was thinking that we would not end up with very many eggs. Well, like I said, they retrieved 32 eggs!!! So, there you have it, 14 follicles is good. Also, several eggs does not correlate with quality eggs. So, I think that Shady Grove is good about stimulation of donor to promote quality over quantity. I am not sure about dividing b/t mature and immature eggs b/t the 3 recips.

I agonized over transferring 2 blasts b/c they were rated at the highest quality and I really could not handle twins. It was my decision, however, my RE really needed to approve it b/c they encourage transferring one, especially high quality blasts. She was comfortable with me transferring two b/c my medical history was good and thought that if I were to become pregnant with twins that my body would cooperate.

Please try to relax, get a massage or pedicure, do acupuncture. I know easier said than done.

Also, please feel free to come and post on the pink board anytime.

Give us updates as soon as you hear. Rooting for you all the way.
but I didn't know that the count prior to retrieval was not near 32. That gives me so much more peace of mind. l did also hear something about quality vs. quantity, so that is also a good piece of information to hang on to.

And obviously you made the right decision about transferring 2 because you got exactly what you wanted. I am glad to know that SG rated the blasts. I wasn't quite sure how that worked there, so that's good to know.

I think you're right about doing something relaxing. I know that I need it.

Thanks for the encouragement about the pink board. I will take you up on that the next time I see a topic that focuses on something where I either need some advice or can offer a little encouragement.

Oh yay. Just minutes from Wednesday, so not much longer until I hear something. How exciting and as you said, nerve wracking!!!