Hey Cotton!

Hey Cotton!

May 24th, 2012, 12:58 am #1

I just wanted to write a quick note to thank you again for forwarding me the info on the Snuza Halo baby monitor that you told me about right before we had our dd.

I did in fact get it immediately after you sent me the link to the one that you had ordered, and I absolutely LOVE it! I was a bit wary of using it before her belly button nub fell off, but once it did, I put it on at night, and it gives me such peace of mind. We co-sleep, and believe it or not some nights it is me, my dh, our 7 week old dd and our 4 year old ds in bed together (this has only happened 1 night mind you, and hopefully it will not happen too often - because it just seems too risky even in our king size bed with the baby on the side between me and the co-sleeper bed, that she barely sleeps in, btw)

I even bought 6 or so of the batteries that go with the monitor (as you suggested I get extra) so those are all ready.

Again, thanks for the suggestion, and the links!

May 24th, 2012, 1:21 am #2

For many weeks it was the puff in between me and the co sleeper that she wasn't using, the ball on the other side of me and then dh practically falling off his side of the bed since I was leaving such a big space between me and the puff LOL. The snuza is the only reason I get any sleep!! It's gone off a couple of times because it got loose from the diaper, but one night the 15 sec vibration woke me up just as I saw her pick her head up from being stuffed in my arm pit! So scary.

Anyhow I'm glad you like it. It's the best baby item I've ever owned! And I'm pleased to say that we've got the ball finally staying in his bed at night and the puff decided she's ok with the co sleeper

Sweet dreams!!

May 24th, 2012, 4:29 am #3

Although our big boy is in his bed in his room now, many times he calls out to me in the middle of the night, and instead of us going back and forth in the middle of the night, when sleep is fleeting anyway, I have relented and let him come into our bed. My dh has been doing some contract work that takes him out of town often, so thus far the 4 of us have only slept together once.

I would love to encourage our ds to stay in his room when he awakens at night, but the more I talk to him at that hour, the more he becomes alert, and he wants to talk and complains about going back to sleep. Then my concern is it's only time before he awakens our dd, so in the bed he goes.

I guess I am happy we have progressed to him spending part of the night in his own room (and yes, about half the time he is sleeping the entire night in his room). My hope is that it becomes more and more until he is content being in there all night, every night.

Our dd will lie down in her co-sleeper for a bit in the evening, but as far as going to bed in it all night, that has not happened. And since I nurse she is in our bed a lot at night and probably thinks, "Why would I go into that bed alone when I can sleep comfortably with my mom (or parents when dh is here)

Do you nurse and how do you handle your night feedings? Does your dd get up and eat at night and then you get her back in her co-sleeper?

May 24th, 2012, 5:45 am #4

I bring her into bed to eat, burp her, then lay her back in her co sleeper. Like you, she only wanted to sleep next to me or on me in the beginning. Which was fine with me. Then I started to lay her in the co sleeper. At first, she'd sleep there for the first sleep stretch, but then refuse to go back in the rest of the night. I kept at it, trying to put her back in after each feeding... And eventually she got used to it.

As for DS, a friend suggested the following:
We bought him an alarm clock and said he couldn't come into bed with us until he saw the 6. We made a sticker chart and if he stayed in his bed 3 nights, he'd get a reward. Then we did the same thing for 7 more nights (and another reward.) it worked for the most part, although he still cries out in the night. But he won't come into bed until the morn. Dh will usually go to him in the night and sleep in his little bed with him. Not ideal but at least we're not dealing with him coming in, disrupting the baby's sleep with his whining, tossing and turning, etc. That doesn't really help if your dh is out of town often, but a reward system could lead him in a better direction perhaps?