Help needed. Embryos arresting on day 3. Anybody else heard of this or had this happen?

Help needed. Embryos arresting on day 3. Anybody else heard of this or had this happen?

BOT
BOT

May 27th, 2012, 9:49 pm #1

Sorry to barge in like this. I am a constant lurker here but hardly post.

I have had to attempts at DEIVF, 1st attempt had 10 embies, 9 arrested on day 3, only one survived but naver made it to blast.

2nd DEIVF, 25 embies, 18 fertilized, only 3 made it to day 3. 1 grade A, 2 were grade C. All of them transferred but my hart sunk and I am not expecting anything out of this.

RE says this is probably to bad quality sperm, specifically, genetic abnormalities. She recommended a FISH sperm test ... Does anybody heard of this before?

Anybody with the same experience?

Thank You,
BOT

May 27th, 2012, 10:04 pm #2

for your donors. Are they proven? Yes, I would definitely get other testing for the sperm. The FISH is one and another is a test for Sperm DNA Fragmentation. With your previous result, I am surprised this was not done before this cycle. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

May 28th, 2012, 3:33 am #3

I have had to attempts at DEIVF, 1st attempt had 10 embies, 9 arrested on day 3, only one survived but naver made it to blast.

2nd DEIVF, 25 embies, 18 fertilized, only 3 made it to day 3. 1 grade A, 2 were grade C. All of them transferred but my hart sunk and I am not expecting anything out of this.

RE says this is probably to bad quality sperm, specifically, genetic abnormalities. She recommended a FISH sperm test ... Does anybody heard of this before?

Thank You,
BOT
Hi,

So very sorry. I would definitely have those tests done but common wisdom is that embryo issues up to day 3 are egg related and after day 3, sperm related. I would look at the donor too. Did you use the same donor both times?

May 28th, 2012, 4:34 am #4

Thank You,
BOT
I am very sorry to hear this has happened to you twice now. It is very heartbreaking. Honey, I had this happen twice as well. It wasn't bad sperm but 'bad' eggs e.g. one lady was a very poor responder to stims and the other had PCOS, had hyperstimmed and all her subsequent embyros were no good.
Look into any sperm issues of course but more so look into getting a donor who has had several good cycles that resulted in pregnancies. I would more than likely say that is what is going on here.
Again, I really feel for you and was has happened, take care of you, best, THK