HELP, I forgot my bcp for one day - is it serious?

HELP, I forgot my bcp for one day - is it serious?

April 8th, 2011, 10:24 pm #1

I forgot to take my contraceptvie pill for one day, that was two days ago now and I am worrying about it. I took double dose the next day instead. I will be taking the lupron depot shot next week and then have two more weeks of bcp before I am scheduled to stop and wait period. I'm working towards a mid-May transfer date.

Have I messed up my syncing? Will it be ok?

Dee
Dee

April 8th, 2011, 10:49 pm #2

I would tell the clinic.

I did mess up with taking estrace, but it didn't wind up having a negative effect on my cycle. I was supposed to take 3 doses a day, but the first few days, I only took 1 dose.

April 9th, 2011, 2:40 am #3

I forgot to take my contraceptvie pill for one day, that was two days ago now and I am worrying about it. I took double dose the next day instead. I will be taking the lupron depot shot next week and then have two more weeks of bcp before I am scheduled to stop and wait period. I'm working towards a mid-May transfer date.

Have I messed up my syncing? Will it be ok?
It depends on how much your ovaries want to ovulate. There is a small possibility you may ovulate early. But most likely you will not and the lupron will suppress you.

The most likely scenario is it will make no difference.

Tell them and maybe they will be extra careful about checking for ovulation.

But also, don't worry too much. Odds are way in your favor.

minniet
minniet

April 9th, 2011, 3:26 am #4

Thanks Orchid, I really appreciate it. As it happens, we have two donors lined up we really like. I think the posts down the way reminded me of how wonderful it was (before it turned so tragic) to know and be involved with my donor during our last fated cycle. Before my last donor was a donor, she was my friend. I miss that feeling that it was "meant to be" and not a cash transaction...but we have to deal with the cards we have been dealt.

It helps to read your perspective, I do feel pretty comfortable with our donors. We shall see how it works out, and with whom!

Hugs --

minniet
minniet

April 9th, 2011, 4:24 am #5

nt

April 9th, 2011, 5:25 am #6

Minniet,

I hope that soon it will all work out...I'll be thinking of you.

April 9th, 2011, 8:31 am #7

It depends on how much your ovaries want to ovulate. There is a small possibility you may ovulate early. But most likely you will not and the lupron will suppress you.

The most likely scenario is it will make no difference.

Tell them and maybe they will be extra careful about checking for ovulation.

But also, don't worry too much. Odds are way in your favor.
Well, I'm really slow to ovulate in a normal cycle so I don't think my ovaries will really 'want' to ovulate early

Thanks so much for your response, I feel better. I am going abroad for DE cycle so monitoring before hand is limited to a scan here locally just before I leave. I just hope all will be ok then.

April 9th, 2011, 8:34 am #8

I would tell the clinic.

I did mess up with taking estrace, but it didn't wind up having a negative effect on my cycle. I was supposed to take 3 doses a day, but the first few days, I only took 1 dose.
I think I'll fess up. Hopefully will be ok.

minniet
minniet

April 9th, 2011, 4:06 pm #9

Minniet,

I hope that soon it will all work out...I'll be thinking of you.
Sending you hugs!