Help! Donor Eggs in Atlanta???

Help! Donor Eggs in Atlanta???

JennAtlanta
JennAtlanta

February 9th, 2011, 2:16 am #1

Hello All,
I live in Atlanta and after my 3rd failed IVF have made a decision to move on to DE. I've been to a couple of clinics here in Atlanta and did my last cycle out in Las Vegas at SIRM.

Now, I'm just not sure what clinic and/ or doctor to use for donor. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Jennifer

February 9th, 2011, 3:03 am #2

They have a really successful donor egg program and have a really big frozen egg bank. I am currently doing a fresh donor egg cycle there with my dd's donor. I used the frozen egg bank back in 2009 because after 3 ivfs in less than a year with my own eggs I was tired of cycling. Frozen is a lot less stressful since the eggs are already there and you just decide when you want to cycle. I was guaranteed 2 blasts for transfer and ended up with my dd

Steph

dd 11/09 from frozen eggs
BFN 10/10
BFN 12/10
moving on to my first fresh cycle with dd donor in March 2011

Piper
Piper

February 9th, 2011, 3:19 am #3

Hello All,
I live in Atlanta and after my 3rd failed IVF have made a decision to move on to DE. I've been to a couple of clinics here in Atlanta and did my last cycle out in Las Vegas at SIRM.

Now, I'm just not sure what clinic and/ or doctor to use for donor. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Jennifer
I cycled there as well and had a great experience (both OE and DE)

The success rates on their frozen "donor bank" are the best in the country.

February 9th, 2011, 4:18 pm #4

Hello All,

Thanks!
Jennifer
I would HIGHLY recommend them. Steph679 and I were there around the same time using their frozen egg bank (and I am SO excited for you Steph679 by the way that you are cycling again with your donor!!) Anyway, I looked at all three very carefully and really feel like RBA is the best in the city. My doc was Shapiro who I loved but I know that all the docs there are great. If you have any questions about the process with them just let me know. I am not on the boards much anymore but you can always email me at thebeautymark at hotmail dot com.

Good luck to you!
Michelle

Me 36
DH 42
Biological DS 5 (clomid)
6 more failed clomid
2 failed IUI
1 cancelled IVF / no response
POF Diagnosis
1,000 acupuncture needles
50 pounds lost
Million tears cried...

Finally ready for DE!
Transfer on or Dec 9th from frozen EGGS!!!
2 beautiful blasts are nestling into their new home!

BFP on 8dp5dt!
Due Augugst 28th with one little bean!

Little Miss May was born Aug 22nd a whopping 9 pounds 1 ounce one week early.

Emergency hysterectomy followed her birth so these will be my babies and I am blessed and thankful!

Julie
Julie

February 10th, 2011, 8:30 pm #5

Hello All,

Thanks!
Jennifer
I also used the frozen bank at RBA last month and am very pleased with it. We had two grade A embryos at transfer and choose to transfer one and freeze the other. I got a + beta last week.

JennAtlanta
JennAtlanta

February 13th, 2011, 3:11 pm #6

Hello All,

Thanks!
Jennifer
Thank you everyone for your replies. I left my question very open ended just to see what folks might say. I had my first two IVF's at RBA with my OE. And I have two friends that have recently had successes with DE there as well. I just wanted to make sure that was really the place to go.

What doctors (besides Shapiro) would you recommend? Toledo was my doc for my first two IVF's so I have a relationship with him already, but want to leave my options open.

Thanks,
Jennifer