Help! Day 3 of stims, only 2 follies - freaking out!

Help! Day 3 of stims, only 2 follies - freaking out!

Anon7
Anon7

June 10th, 2011, 11:13 pm #1

Good Evening Ladies,

Okay, please walk me away from the ledge! Today my Donor went in for a look. She started meds on Tuesday, so 3 days of stims. Today will be day 4. There are only TWO follicles visible on the /us - a 7, and a 10. Her antral count was 6 on the Right, 8/9 on the Left (or vice versa).

I called the clinic around 4:15pm b/c I hadn't heard from them and wanted an update. They said she was progressing well and responding to the meds really well, and then when I asked how many follicles and size this is what I got. Having done 3 OE cycles, and in the process gaining a bit of knowledge, this seems like TERRIBLE news to me. She's got only 2 follicles they can see, and one is a runaway/lead.

The nurse said "her estrogen shot up to 233 today, so she's doing really well". Any success stories with a start like this? THIS IS A SHARED CYCLE! And this will be nearly $40k in cash that I've spent in less than a year - including 3 OE tries now this(my insurance doesn't cover any of this, I'm 100% self-pay and single).

Is there any way this can turn around? I'm not very hopeful, to be honest. At what point will they cancel the cycle so that the main expense is the meds? I DO NOT want to go to retrieval with 4/5 eggs on a shared cycle.

Feedback? Thanks Ladies. I'm so stressed out and can't believe this is happening. Thanks.

Anon7
Anon7

June 10th, 2011, 11:15 pm #2

Meaning I have healthcare coverage, but zero fertility

E&H
E&H

June 11th, 2011, 12:11 am #3

Good Evening Ladies,

Okay, please walk me away from the ledge! Today my Donor went in for a look. She started meds on Tuesday, so 3 days of stims. Today will be day 4. There are only TWO follicles visible on the /us - a 7, and a 10. Her antral count was 6 on the Right, 8/9 on the Left (or vice versa).

I called the clinic around 4:15pm b/c I hadn't heard from them and wanted an update. They said she was progressing well and responding to the meds really well, and then when I asked how many follicles and size this is what I got. Having done 3 OE cycles, and in the process gaining a bit of knowledge, this seems like TERRIBLE news to me. She's got only 2 follicles they can see, and one is a runaway/lead.

The nurse said "her estrogen shot up to 233 today, so she's doing really well". Any success stories with a start like this? THIS IS A SHARED CYCLE! And this will be nearly $40k in cash that I've spent in less than a year - including 3 OE tries now this(my insurance doesn't cover any of this, I'm 100% self-pay and single).

Is there any way this can turn around? I'm not very hopeful, to be honest. At what point will they cancel the cycle so that the main expense is the meds? I DO NOT want to go to retrieval with 4/5 eggs on a shared cycle.

Feedback? Thanks Ladies. I'm so stressed out and can't believe this is happening. Thanks.
I have never seen that, unless they are not counting follicles under a certain size. Did they increase her meds?

Bharani
Bharani

June 11th, 2011, 12:45 am #4

Good Evening Ladies,

at not cost to you? Similar happen to me. The donor had 3-4, but they kept telling me she is doing great. When I ask how many follies. the de coordinator says around 8-9 but with irritating voice. Like what are you bothering me. One day the de coordinator wasn't there I was told that donor had around 3. Freaked out called next day, again the de coordinator said that she had more. finally she made 3 bad one. I don't want to scare you. If you don't have good feeling about it ask them, ask will they cancel with no cost. I am very shy person and I screw up. I lost twice with the clinic I was. They are sweety talk. OH, the de coordinator email me asking if I want a donor and to call her immediately. Someone wants her but she says she will hold it for me till June(something). I got it last week. You have to know YOU ARE THERE TO GET THE BEST CHANCE THEY WILL HELP YOU TO GET YOUR DREAM BABY. Don't lose your money. Mine clinic took advantage of me.
Follow your gut. You have to know, all the sweet talk..etc don't trust.
Gl

H40+
H40+

June 11th, 2011, 1:11 am #5

Good Evening Ladies,

I had a dedicated cycle cancelled for only 8 follicles before retrieval. I can make that many on my own. You'll save a lot of money the earlier you cancel.

June 11th, 2011, 1:21 am #6

Good Evening Ladies,

I went through this exact same thing a week and a half ago. With that few follicles this donor was oversuppressed prior to stimulation. This is not worth continuing and I would ask them to cancel. They cancelled my cycle and I paid the donor $500 for what she had done so far. We moved on to another donor that had proven track record. I was a wreck and can not tell you how relieved I was when it was cancelled and we had the new donor!!!

Anon7
Anon7

June 11th, 2011, 1:26 am #7

I had a dedicated cycle cancelled for only 8 follicles before retrieval. I can make that many on my own. You'll save a lot of money the earlier you cancel.
and if they cancel, I want my $$ back and I'm just going to chunk this deal and put in to adopt from Haiti. I can't take anymore of this. And the reaction from all of you shows me how ridiculous the nurse was to say it was going well. When I responded "Wow? This is terrible news. She's got a lead follicle and only one other? For $15K? And a shared cycle?" The nurse told me to have a good weekend.

Given it's a shared cycle, I'm wondering how clueless the other person/couple is. They likely have no idea what's going on and probably were not called with an update. I suspect the clinic is waiting to see what things look like on Monday. I am I going to be able to force the plug to be pulled?

This is SO stressful!

Anon7
Anon7

June 11th, 2011, 1:27 am #8

I went through this exact same thing a week and a half ago. With that few follicles this donor was oversuppressed prior to stimulation. This is not worth continuing and I would ask them to cancel. They cancelled my cycle and I paid the donor $500 for what she had done so far. We moved on to another donor that had proven track record. I was a wreck and can not tell you how relieved I was when it was cancelled and we had the new donor!!!
do I? This is a clinic donor, do you think I can make an emergency call and try to put the kabash on this and/or get some sort of reassurance? Aaaaahhh! Thanks.

Anon7
Anon7

June 11th, 2011, 1:33 am #9

at not cost to you? Similar happen to me. The donor had 3-4, but they kept telling me she is doing great. When I ask how many follies. the de coordinator says around 8-9 but with irritating voice. Like what are you bothering me. One day the de coordinator wasn't there I was told that donor had around 3. Freaked out called next day, again the de coordinator said that she had more. finally she made 3 bad one. I don't want to scare you. If you don't have good feeling about it ask them, ask will they cancel with no cost. I am very shy person and I screw up. I lost twice with the clinic I was. They are sweety talk. OH, the de coordinator email me asking if I want a donor and to call her immediately. Someone wants her but she says she will hold it for me till June(something). I got it last week. You have to know YOU ARE THERE TO GET THE BEST CHANCE THEY WILL HELP YOU TO GET YOUR DREAM BABY. Don't lose your money. Mine clinic took advantage of me.
Follow your gut. You have to know, all the sweet talk..etc don't trust.
Gl
and I, on the other hand, am NOT shy. I told the nurse that I myself made two follicles like this - and that this was terrible news. She basically told me it was only day 3 of stims, but I'm not dumb. That 10 is a problem. If these two (7, 10) were smaller, I would have more hope the others would come up, but this is just too much like my own personal cycles and I'm in my early forties!!

On a seperate note, I have read many of your posts and I truly hope you have success very, very soon. You certainly deserve it.

Anon7
Anon7

June 11th, 2011, 1:52 am #10

Good Evening Ladies,

saying that if there isn't a dramatic improvement by Monday I want to cancel this. I have not idea how my rights are given that this is a shared cycle. That said, I know this is a reputable clinic so I can't imagine they want to play with this.