Hello Ladies, todays transfer

Hello Ladies, todays transfer

May 7th, 2012, 1:45 am #1

Hi I just wanted to introduce myself, because I have been peeping on the board on and off for years. And I am soooooo happy and grateful for this board and all the wonderful ladies on it. I have been married and trying for 10 years now to have a little one. Today I had my transfer of one good and one fair 5 day blast at SDFC. Wow they are so much more detailed, professional, and thoughtful than the center I previously had my cycle. I'm so excited and just hoping hoping, because this is my last chance. We spent 40k my fist failed attempt 5 years ago and now at the new center we spent 30k which is now our limit. In addition I'm 491/2 and really won't feel comfortable trying again at 50 or older. ( even though I deeply admire those who do). We had a fist time donor who produce 20 eggs and ended up with five "5 day" basts. We might be able to freeze 2 of the remaining 3 fair quality blasts.
If I do get pregnant, I was thinking not to tell my family or friends until 3 months. I just didn't want to hear all the negative comments from them ( about my age...) , which I know I shouldn't care. But has anyone else felt this way?
Sending Sweet Sugar Coated blessings out to everyone!!!

May 7th, 2012, 1:22 pm #2

Wonderful news on your transfer. Here's hoping you have a peaceful and relaxing 2WW and get a nice, strong beta in 9 days (or whenever your clinic tests)!

As for waiting until the first 12 weeks is over, it's such a personal decision. Since we're "tell" and my donor is a family member, ALL my close friends and family have been walking through this journey with us step-by-step. They've been an integral part of this for us - I don't know what we would've done without their encouragement and love. Whatever happens, I know I'll need their support, so I'm happy to be open about it even though I'm usually a very private person. Still, I wouldn't tell anyone outside of my little circle until we make it through the first trimester. That's where I draw the line.

All this being said, I 100% understand the decision to wait, especially if you suspect you'll receive some negative reactions. You need to do whatever will be best for you and your little one(s), so protect yourself from any negative energy as long as you can.

Good luck to you!

May 7th, 2012, 1:42 pm #3

Hi I just wanted to introduce myself, because I have been peeping on the board on and off for years. And I am soooooo happy and grateful for this board and all the wonderful ladies on it. I have been married and trying for 10 years now to have a little one. Today I had my transfer of one good and one fair 5 day blast at SDFC. Wow they are so much more detailed, professional, and thoughtful than the center I previously had my cycle. I'm so excited and just hoping hoping, because this is my last chance. We spent 40k my fist failed attempt 5 years ago and now at the new center we spent 30k which is now our limit. In addition I'm 491/2 and really won't feel comfortable trying again at 50 or older. ( even though I deeply admire those who do). We had a fist time donor who produce 20 eggs and ended up with five "5 day" basts. We might be able to freeze 2 of the remaining 3 fair quality blasts.
If I do get pregnant, I was thinking not to tell my family or friends until 3 months. I just didn't want to hear all the negative comments from them ( about my age...) , which I know I shouldn't care. But has anyone else felt this way?
Sending Sweet Sugar Coated blessings out to everyone!!!
I totally understand what you mean about the age concerns......I'm 46 but already anticipating the comments if I go ahead with DE on the timeline I'm planning... I'll be 47 or 48 if I deliver....

There have been a number of recent posts about age concerns....you should browse back a couple of pages, but you'll see you're definitely not alone .

FWIW I would definitely wait the three months before telling anyone....you just can't be too careful....

But hopefully all will go well and you're already on your way to motherhood with today's transfer.

Good luck !

Al

May 7th, 2012, 11:28 pm #4

hello young ladies and welcome. I am 53 and an 6 weeks pregnant. my 7th IVF. my 5th and 6th ended in the first trimester so we are waiting to tell family and friends until 14 weeks when my chance of MC will drop below 50%.

May 8th, 2012, 8:01 am #5

Wonderful news on your transfer. Here's hoping you have a peaceful and relaxing 2WW and get a nice, strong beta in 9 days (or whenever your clinic tests)!

As for waiting until the first 12 weeks is over, it's such a personal decision. Since we're "tell" and my donor is a family member, ALL my close friends and family have been walking through this journey with us step-by-step. They've been an integral part of this for us - I don't know what we would've done without their encouragement and love. Whatever happens, I know I'll need their support, so I'm happy to be open about it even though I'm usually a very private person. Still, I wouldn't tell anyone outside of my little circle until we make it through the first trimester. That's where I draw the line.

All this being said, I 100% understand the decision to wait, especially if you suspect you'll receive some negative reactions. You need to do whatever will be best for you and your little one(s), so protect yourself from any negative energy as long as you can.

Good luck to you!
Thank you for your understanding advice. I am soooo happy for you that you have positive support from your family and friends. Good luck to you!!!

May 8th, 2012, 8:06 am #6

I totally understand what you mean about the age concerns......I'm 46 but already anticipating the comments if I go ahead with DE on the timeline I'm planning... I'll be 47 or 48 if I deliver....

There have been a number of recent posts about age concerns....you should browse back a couple of pages, but you'll see you're definitely not alone .

FWIW I would definitely wait the three months before telling anyone....you just can't be too careful....

But hopefully all will go well and you're already on your way to motherhood with today's transfer.

Good luck !

Al
Thank you. I'm wishing you all the best for your future cycle!

May 8th, 2012, 8:16 am #7

hello young ladies and welcome. I am 53 and an 6 weeks pregnant. my 7th IVF. my 5th and 6th ended in the first trimester so we are waiting to tell family and friends until 14 weeks when my chance of MC will drop below 50%.
I found out today that my remaining blasts didn't make it to be frozen so now my only hope is for the 2 that were transferred to stick and grow.
But Wow Mary I really admire your strength to continue moving forward and not giving up on your dream. Lots and lots of hopes, wishes and prayers I'm sending to you!!!