have you seen this?

have you seen this?

June 25th, 2011, 5:19 am #1

there is a site called donor concierge where they work to help you find a donor. JUst thought I'd post it, for those of you who may have special demands on donor needs. She seems reasonable, $740 flat fee to find a donor.Anyone heard of this?

Kim was posting as K
Kim was posting as K

June 25th, 2011, 7:52 am #2

I have not, but good idea.... Nt

demomone
demomone

June 25th, 2011, 11:35 am #3

there is a site called donor concierge where they work to help you find a donor. JUst thought I'd post it, for those of you who may have special demands on donor needs. She seems reasonable, $740 flat fee to find a donor.Anyone heard of this?
too cheap to be true..wonder if they add expenses once you sign up. most private agencies get up to 15,000 just for the find.

Denise
Denise

June 25th, 2011, 3:17 pm #4

There fee is on(( top ))of agency fee they have access to egg donor agency files..

LadyMagoo
LadyMagoo

June 25th, 2011, 4:29 pm #5

This Network54 site states pretty clearly that this isn't the place for advertising. Donor Concierge'a owner posted a comment/ad anyway some months back - in March, maybe?. Granted, this was in response to a member's query. I never used them, so I can't comment on the service. But as far as I can tell - this is a broker. For a fee, they search the same agency websites you can search yourself - for free. Given how utterly labor intensive that process was, I can understand how that would be helpful. At the same time, however, we decided to use an agency because we wanted more control over the donor selection process, so I wasn't inclined to pay anyone to do that for me - on top of the tons of $$$$ we were already spending.

I looked at their website and they say they specialize in hard to find donors from specific ethnicities. I was looking for one of those hard to find ethnicities. And it is an art and very personal. I don't think I could have trusted anyone else to do the filtering for me.

I guess I'm directing this message at ladies who are just starting the process - you're going to spend a lot of money before this is all done. You can search agency websites for free. You don't have to pay anyone to do that for you. And you really don't need two sets of people - agencies and this broker - pressuring you into making a decision prematurely. And they sure can put the pressure on. I swear, some of thes places acted like car dealerships or furniture stores that always have a sale going.

And that brings me to a second point - there is more to selecting a donor than simply finding a good profile. The integrity and reliability of the agency are absolutely key. Their financial terms - and refund terms are critical as well. Spending yet another $700+ limited dollars can tip the scales in favor of overlooking the agency's creds. Finally - your doctor has the final say in whether a donor is a good match. There is so much more to this than just going through profiles.

FWIW, our agency was Giving Hope - loved them and love Katy, our casweworker.

June 25th, 2011, 5:24 pm #6

If you have not already done an extensive search, it could be useful if you have the spare cash. However, when I found the following site listed below, I sort of figured, I bet she uses this and beefs it up:

www.donornetworkalliance.com

It's $79 for full access.

Donor Concierge does not interact with the agencies, does not verification. That is on you.

She seems nice though.

June 25th, 2011, 5:29 pm #7

Hi:

If you are looking for a specific ethnicity (part Asian or East Indian), I have checked this agency out, and while I have not worked with them, they seem like the real deal. Because: the head of the agency has been doing this for years, is a nurse and a lawyer, and is based in the Bay Area (a hot bed for highly skilled immigrants).

I found this agency when I was on another site, found a donor I liked, and saw she has cycled with Jackie Gorton -- and thus,I looked into Jackie Gorton. Jackie Gorton only has a handful of donors, though, I think they really do specialize in searches, and I am sure it is not cheap, but the prices are clearly layed out and seem fair.

So far, we have not needed to work with them, but if our two donors do not work out, we just might.

Or heck, I will START my OWN AGENCY for Christ's sake! I have not been posting here, as it has been a bit personal, but I have been through the ringer finding a verified donor over the last 6 months.

Once we get a cycle scheduled (if we do), I will share my experience on this board. Right now, I am a little gunshy.

June 25th, 2011, 5:37 pm #8

This Network54 site states pretty clearly that this isn't the place for advertising. Donor Concierge'a owner posted a comment/ad anyway some months back - in March, maybe?. Granted, this was in response to a member's query. I never used them, so I can't comment on the service. But as far as I can tell - this is a broker. For a fee, they search the same agency websites you can search yourself - for free. Given how utterly labor intensive that process was, I can understand how that would be helpful. At the same time, however, we decided to use an agency because we wanted more control over the donor selection process, so I wasn't inclined to pay anyone to do that for me - on top of the tons of $$$$ we were already spending.

I looked at their website and they say they specialize in hard to find donors from specific ethnicities. I was looking for one of those hard to find ethnicities. And it is an art and very personal. I don't think I could have trusted anyone else to do the filtering for me.

I guess I'm directing this message at ladies who are just starting the process - you're going to spend a lot of money before this is all done. You can search agency websites for free. You don't have to pay anyone to do that for you. And you really don't need two sets of people - agencies and this broker - pressuring you into making a decision prematurely. And they sure can put the pressure on. I swear, some of thes places acted like car dealerships or furniture stores that always have a sale going.

And that brings me to a second point - there is more to selecting a donor than simply finding a good profile. The integrity and reliability of the agency are absolutely key. Their financial terms - and refund terms are critical as well. Spending yet another $700+ limited dollars can tip the scales in favor of overlooking the agency's creds. Finally - your doctor has the final say in whether a donor is a good match. There is so much more to this than just going through profiles.

FWIW, our agency was Giving Hope - loved them and love Katy, our casweworker.
nt

June 26th, 2011, 3:37 pm #9

Hi:

If you are looking for a specific ethnicity (part Asian or East Indian), I have checked this agency out, and while I have not worked with them, they seem like the real deal. Because: the head of the agency has been doing this for years, is a nurse and a lawyer, and is based in the Bay Area (a hot bed for highly skilled immigrants).

I found this agency when I was on another site, found a donor I liked, and saw she has cycled with Jackie Gorton -- and thus,I looked into Jackie Gorton. Jackie Gorton only has a handful of donors, though, I think they really do specialize in searches, and I am sure it is not cheap, but the prices are clearly layed out and seem fair.

So far, we have not needed to work with them, but if our two donors do not work out, we just might.

Or heck, I will START my OWN AGENCY for Christ's sake! I have not been posting here, as it has been a bit personal, but I have been through the ringer finding a verified donor over the last 6 months.

Once we get a cycle scheduled (if we do), I will share my experience on this board. Right now, I am a little gunshy.
It doesn't seem like rocket science but according to what I read on the boards, it can be a challenge to find an agency to meet the simplest requests. Why could we not do that?

June 29th, 2011, 2:15 pm #10

I ran an agency for a while a few years back it was much more difficult and expensive then I anticipated. Of course, I also had extenuating circumstances that forced me to stop putting time and money into the agency and take a full time job, but the experience was not what I expected at all. I think if I had unlimited resources initially to plug into the business I would have eventually been fine, but it's a very difficult market to break into unless you have connections with a clinic already. It's just a shame that most of the established agencies that are already out there have such shady policies and crappy ethics.