Has anyone ever froze the embryos from the donor...

Has anyone ever froze the embryos from the donor...

k
k

May 1st, 2011, 7:28 pm #1

then waited to transfer them? I'm going to do one more cycle with my own eggs then move to donor. My donor is ready to go right now and I don't want to lose her. If my OE cycle does work but something happens a few weeks afterthen I have to start the entire DONOR process search over again. Not too sure I could handle that. So I'm thinking if she does her cycle and we freeze the fertilized embies then stress levels will be way down for me. Thoughts?
Quote
Share

Joined: May 1st, 2011, 3:40 pm

May 1st, 2011, 11:10 pm #2

Everything depends upon the stats at your clinic and your financial situation. At my clinic the fresh transfer rate is around 55%, frozen around 20%, so it wouldn't be a wise decision for me. I would look at the sart stats for your clinic.

If money isn't an issue, than freeze those embies!

If, like so many (myself included) it is an issue, take a good look at the sart stats before moving forward....

Good luck in your decision

Malory
Quote
Like
Share

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 2nd, 2011, 1:45 am #3

then waited to transfer them? I'm going to do one more cycle with my own eggs then move to donor. My donor is ready to go right now and I don't want to lose her. If my OE cycle does work but something happens a few weeks afterthen I have to start the entire DONOR process search over again. Not too sure I could handle that. So I'm thinking if she does her cycle and we freeze the fertilized embies then stress levels will be way down for me. Thoughts?
Unfortunately they are usually the result of the recipient getting cancelled for a fresh transfer to lining thickness. It isn't ideal like the OP said because frozen success rates are usually considerably lower than fresh. I don't know on anyone doing a freeze-all on purpose.
Quote
Share

demomone
demomone

May 2nd, 2011, 2:41 am #4

then waited to transfer them? I'm going to do one more cycle with my own eggs then move to donor. My donor is ready to go right now and I don't want to lose her. If my OE cycle does work but something happens a few weeks afterthen I have to start the entire DONOR process search over again. Not too sure I could handle that. So I'm thinking if she does her cycle and we freeze the fertilized embies then stress levels will be way down for me. Thoughts?
and got pg two years later with twins that were frozen. She was "not ready" to do DE but had found a great donor..She has two gorgeous children!
Quote
Share

K
K

May 2nd, 2011, 2:04 pm #5

Unfortunately they are usually the result of the recipient getting cancelled for a fresh transfer to lining thickness. It isn't ideal like the OP said because frozen success rates are usually considerably lower than fresh. I don't know on anyone doing a freeze-all on purpose.
There barely is a difference! This sounds good to me. Thanks so much for bringing that up. I almost went with the re that was closer but HFI has a better lab....
Quote
Share

Daisy7412
Daisy7412

May 3rd, 2011, 3:18 pm #6

then waited to transfer them? I'm going to do one more cycle with my own eggs then move to donor. My donor is ready to go right now and I don't want to lose her. If my OE cycle does work but something happens a few weeks afterthen I have to start the entire DONOR process search over again. Not too sure I could handle that. So I'm thinking if she does her cycle and we freeze the fertilized embies then stress levels will be way down for me. Thoughts?
Because of lining issues -- turns out now I have adhesions that have to be taken care of before transfer. The clinic I am using's frozen rate is about the same as the fresh rate -- so I have a few embies on ice to work with -- hopefully one (or two) work.....
Quote
Share