Hands, feet and mouth?

Hands, feet and mouth?

June 19th, 2012, 7:12 am #1

A quick hello as its feeding time here. I've arrived here in Melb and I've got a sort of rash on my hand that looks very familiar e.g. HF and M. Sure hope not!
best, THK

June 19th, 2012, 8:58 am #2

I hope not. But that might explain why your LO was sick a few days ago. DH's rash felt like sunburn when it first start coming in. Now he has pronounced dots on his hands.

Good luck, my dear...

LM

June 19th, 2012, 3:26 pm #3

A quick hello as its feeding time here. I've arrived here in Melb and I've got a sort of rash on my hand that looks very familiar e.g. HF and M. Sure hope not!
best, THK
Very mild rash that comes & goes, but he shared a drink with ds #2 on Sat., right before ds threw up & the blisters appeared.

I hope whatever it is is mild, THK.

June 19th, 2012, 3:37 pm #4

best, THK
What seems to be going around here is very mild -just a few spots. So it could be but you wont ever know 100% my MD said when it is so mild. The usual progression is a high fever 102+ for a few days, then a few days later some sores in the mouth (usually the far back) then red lil spots almost rashy/not raised around the mouth, and then hands and feet/usually the palms and ankle areas per our MD. McBaby has a few sores only on his tongue, one on his lip, no red on hand,feet or around mouth but had a 102 fever for 3 days and isn't happy still about eating. Its been a week, ugh. So far (knock on wood) no one else has caught it from him esp since he steals everyones cups to drink from and is a big kisser!

Stock up on cold/soft food..McBaby is all about greek yogurt, frozen cool whip and banana slices I put in the freezer for about 30min!

June 19th, 2012, 10:43 pm #5

Ds #1 had it several years ago, too. Ugh.

June 20th, 2012, 12:36 am #6

seems like a LOT of this around -- is it the time of year or is this a year round thing?

Sorry to hear DS 1 has been hit as well -- that xmas stuff still seems so recent to me!!

Hope everyone gets healthy soon.

sas

June 20th, 2012, 3:14 am #7

Ds #1 had it several years ago, too. Ugh.

Whats going On, this is crazy! I'm sorry to read this poor guys!

I hope you and DH aren't next. I read you can pass it on fit weeks after all signs are gone.

I'm bracing myself here...

June 21st, 2012, 1:27 am #8

I am sorry to hear so many people and their children have it. I seem to be ok. It has not developed any further. I do feel a bit I'll though but maybe that is something else entirely. Thanks for writing and hope everyone who is il
Gets better quickly, thk