had an in office hysteroscopy today.....

had an in office hysteroscopy today.....

July 30th, 2011, 5:03 am #1

OMFG the pain was nearly unbearable. I was screaming my head off had to apologise to all the staff when I came out - so embarassing! they gave me no instructions beforehand so I took some pain killers and half a xanax and still it was horrendous. good news tho no polyps or fibroids or endo at all - all looked perfect he said. then i had a meltdown crying in his office. ugh a very emotional day just thinking its all for nothing and my next cycle will be a bust too so why bother - ugh sorry for venting. LMD

July 30th, 2011, 12:32 pm #2

I had several hysteroscopies (3 while awake and 2 while under conscious sedation) and the last one was actually completely 100% pain-free. I didn't even know they'd put anything through my cervix. And yet my second sonohysterogram had tears rolling down my face as I begged the doctor to stop - and te first of those had been painless too.

Have faith for your next cycle...I hope you are feeling better now.

Zaytune
Zaytune

July 30th, 2011, 2:04 pm #3

OMFG the pain was nearly unbearable. I was screaming my head off had to apologise to all the staff when I came out - so embarassing! they gave me no instructions beforehand so I took some pain killers and half a xanax and still it was horrendous. good news tho no polyps or fibroids or endo at all - all looked perfect he said. then i had a meltdown crying in his office. ugh a very emotional day just thinking its all for nothing and my next cycle will be a bust too so why bother - ugh sorry for venting. LMD
LMD , hope you are feeling better today . nt .

minniet
minniet

July 30th, 2011, 3:44 pm #4

I have had hysteroscopies that were painless and then, had some that had me nearly in convulsions. I wish I knew why they can differ.

With all of the trauma of this (failed cycles, unpredictable pain) my last nice RE who discovered and dealt with some uterine issues for me gave me a shot of a serious narcotic before going into my uterus...it was a D drug and I can;t remmber the name, but all I know is after that shot, I have no memory... which was fine with me.

Just remember, there is absolutely no predicting the pain, and usually, the next thing you have done, all medicated up, is over so painlessly and fast you won't believe it.

I tend to think that procedures hurt worst early in the cycle. I don't know why other than perhaps things are sort of dry and tight, and as a cycle progresses, your cervix opens, there is more protective lining, etc.

LMD
LMD

July 30th, 2011, 6:58 pm #5

thx everyone feeling better today!! nt

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

July 31st, 2011, 12:30 am #6

I can relate to the torture. I had a hysterscopy on Tues with 800mg of ibuprofen on board. There was a new MD in the practice and my MD asked if sthe new MD could do my hysterscopy for her clinic competency with the equip. My cervix os is very small and tight and there is a curve to get around to get in. The cramping was so intense. It took nearly twenty minutes to get the scope in. Once it was in there was just a lot of pressure. When it was finished my MD that thanked me for being so patient and said: "Sorry you had to endure all that discomfort to find out everything is normal." I thought well better to endure the torture and be sure before last transfer out last embryo than to go ahead and if it fails always wonder or even worse have the result have been so bad it accounted for recent m/c or meant I couldn't try again.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 31st, 2011, 3:29 am #7

frankly, it was much more expensive, but worth every penny. I'm glad it's over with for you and you can heal and move it forward. Sounds awful. Take Care and best of luck!!

LMD
LMD

July 31st, 2011, 8:43 am #8

my first hysteroscopy was totally under as they had seen polyps on the HSG and they removed them so no pain or discomfort til after but this was a looksee and wow what a difference! i have had 3 HSG's also and never had too much discomfort so yes it can be crazy the way procedures differ! thx again everyone - just nice to be able to vent as hubby just doesn't get it!! LMD