guess what?

guess what?

February 20th, 2012, 3:03 am #1

THE PUFF HAS ARRIVED!

and oh what a puff she is. she is so sweet and cute and mushy, i can barely stand it. i want to eat her. we've already been making out a little and i plan to do it a lot more

to say i'm in love is the understatement of the year. how to describe the feeling i had when my DS met her for the first time? he was so shy and loving, like a baby boy suitor LOL. and i felt like the luckiest mama in the whole, wide world. knowing that our family is complete is amazing.

this all feels so right and natural. as most of you know, i fall in love with these creatures very early on. but when she was born, i just sort of thought: "oh. yeah. of course you are a part of our family." as if she'd been with us longer than a minute!

i wish i could bottle this newborn phase. the teeny tinyness of them, their smell, their little coos and burps and farts and meconium poops. aaaaaaaaaaah! i'm baby crazy at the moment, can you tell?

when she came out i bawled. we started ttc in 2003. and here we are, 9 years later. it wasn't an easy road, BUT I WOULD NOT CHANGE A SINGLE THING. these are the kiddos i am supposed to have. thank the universe that my eggs didn't work. we went through 6 donors. thank the universe 4 of them didn't work out. it's easy to look back and say the path was right in front of me, but it doesn't work that way, does it? so many times i felt we were off course. or worse, on the wrong path completely! was i doing everything i could? one more IVF? when to move on to DE? did i have all the right tests done? but in the end it all seems so clear. ok, hello hormones... i'm a complete goner right now. but i can only hope that someone out there is reading this who is maybe on the fence about everything or feeling sad because nothing is working. i was (am) one of the most difficult cases. i don't know why DE wasn't the magic answer or why we had to get through 6 donors (plus other things) to achieve our dreams. don't be scared by my story. it's not the norm, but it certainly does happen. and now i can't be anything but grateful for all of it, including the tears and the heartache.

ok now on to the fun stuff. who does she look like? well, the ball is a miniature version of dh. clones, those two. and now dh's looks are coming through loud and proud again with the puff. they are different but the same. certainly it looks like the ball and the puff are siblings. just with different coloring and emphasis of features. and this is two kids from two different donors. amazing really. they don't look like me, but we all fit together as a family in coloring and things like facial shape. actually, we all just FIT. what more can i say?

and, with that, it's time to nurse again. i'm so happy to be able to share this with you all tonight. one thing is for sure. these boards and the incredible women i've met (both virtually and IRL) were definitely part of the path. i wouldn't have gotten this far or survived it all without YOU. i love you guys. this is an amazing place. thank you thank you thank you xxoooo

February 20th, 2012, 3:08 am #2

Amazing. Wonderful. Enjoy.

February 20th, 2012, 3:15 am #3

THE PUFF HAS ARRIVED!

and oh what a puff she is. she is so sweet and cute and mushy, i can barely stand it. i want to eat her. we've already been making out a little and i plan to do it a lot more

to say i'm in love is the understatement of the year. how to describe the feeling i had when my DS met her for the first time? he was so shy and loving, like a baby boy suitor LOL. and i felt like the luckiest mama in the whole, wide world. knowing that our family is complete is amazing.

this all feels so right and natural. as most of you know, i fall in love with these creatures very early on. but when she was born, i just sort of thought: "oh. yeah. of course you are a part of our family." as if she'd been with us longer than a minute!

i wish i could bottle this newborn phase. the teeny tinyness of them, their smell, their little coos and burps and farts and meconium poops. aaaaaaaaaaah! i'm baby crazy at the moment, can you tell?

when she came out i bawled. we started ttc in 2003. and here we are, 9 years later. it wasn't an easy road, BUT I WOULD NOT CHANGE A SINGLE THING. these are the kiddos i am supposed to have. thank the universe that my eggs didn't work. we went through 6 donors. thank the universe 4 of them didn't work out. it's easy to look back and say the path was right in front of me, but it doesn't work that way, does it? so many times i felt we were off course. or worse, on the wrong path completely! was i doing everything i could? one more IVF? when to move on to DE? did i have all the right tests done? but in the end it all seems so clear. ok, hello hormones... i'm a complete goner right now. but i can only hope that someone out there is reading this who is maybe on the fence about everything or feeling sad because nothing is working. i was (am) one of the most difficult cases. i don't know why DE wasn't the magic answer or why we had to get through 6 donors (plus other things) to achieve our dreams. don't be scared by my story. it's not the norm, but it certainly does happen. and now i can't be anything but grateful for all of it, including the tears and the heartache.

ok now on to the fun stuff. who does she look like? well, the ball is a miniature version of dh. clones, those two. and now dh's looks are coming through loud and proud again with the puff. they are different but the same. certainly it looks like the ball and the puff are siblings. just with different coloring and emphasis of features. and this is two kids from two different donors. amazing really. they don't look like me, but we all fit together as a family in coloring and things like facial shape. actually, we all just FIT. what more can i say?

and, with that, it's time to nurse again. i'm so happy to be able to share this with you all tonight. one thing is for sure. these boards and the incredible women i've met (both virtually and IRL) were definitely part of the path. i wouldn't have gotten this far or survived it all without YOU. i love you guys. this is an amazing place. thank you thank you thank you xxoooo

Glad to hear she made it safe and sound.

February 20th, 2012, 3:17 am #4

THE PUFF HAS ARRIVED!

How exciting! God bless you and your family.

February 20th, 2012, 3:21 am #5

THE PUFF HAS ARRIVED!

What a wonderful post! What a wonderful day!

February 20th, 2012, 3:33 am #6

THE PUFF HAS ARRIVED!

Oh Cotton thats wonderful for you. I'm so pleased. Its great news I've been thinking of you a lot lately
Oh cheers all round hooray. I can hear how happy and in love you are. Its amazing to think of your journey. You are an inspiration to us all.
Yeah!!
best wishes, THK

February 20th, 2012, 3:42 am #7

THE PUFF HAS ARRIVED!

You sound as high as a kite! Enjoy your ball and your puff!

February 20th, 2012, 3:49 am #8

THE PUFF HAS ARRIVED!

What an amazing post!

February 20th, 2012, 4:03 am #9

THE PUFF HAS ARRIVED!

She is a beautiful baby! You made it to the other side, friend. 2 beautiful children. Enjoy!

February 20th, 2012, 4:09 am #10

THE PUFF HAS ARRIVED!

I am so excited to read all your joy! I've been faking for her ETA and here it is!!!! Ok so when do we get a picture, selfish I am. Enjoy it all and every poop and coo!