Good number of follicles at stim day 4?

Good number of follicles at stim day 4?

December 9th, 2011, 9:06 pm #1

So my donor had her cyst aspirated on Tuesday and started meds the same day. Today - stim day 4 - she had 17 follicles and the cyst is resolved. At least that's what they told me. The nurse did not sound enthusiastic but mentioned that the donor has actually only had 3 days of stims since medication is done in the evening.

Based on my OE IVF's I would have done a back flip to get 17 follicles so I think this is good or at least acceptable at this point.

Am I right?
Last edited by Seymo on December 10th, 2011, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

December 9th, 2011, 9:11 pm #2

I think it sounds like a good number. I believe my donor had a much lower number than that around that time and we ended up with 21 eggs. So it looks good to me.

December 9th, 2011, 11:49 pm #3

So my donor had her cyst aspirated on Tuesday and started meds the same day. Today - stim day 4 - she had 17 follicles and the cyst is resolved. At least that's what they told me. The nurse did not sound enthusiastic but mentioned that the donor has actually only had 3 days of stims since medication is done in the evening.

Based on my OE IVF's I would have done a back flip to get 17 follicles so I think this is good or at least acceptable at this point.

Am I right?
As long as the cyst is aspirated it definitely doesn't do any harm. I'm so glad things are going well. I always believe that the number of follicles you have on day 5 (I know yours is earlier) is a good guide to the number of mature ones you will get. She is doing great and I hope you will be having a VERY Merry Christmas.

December 10th, 2011, 12:19 am #4

I won't be able to relax until ...well never. But at least It sounds like this might go forward.

The way it looks I had better get my shopping done now because I might be traveling right before Christmas eve for the transfer - fingers crossed!

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

December 10th, 2011, 12:50 am #5

Am I right?
So happy you are finally getting some good news. If it is only day four, I think more will pop up. When will you get another update? Are you in the 2:1 or 3:1? Are you the primary, secondary, or tertiary recipient? What is the scheduled
retrieval date? Will your transfer be near Christmas?

December 10th, 2011, 5:06 pm #6

I am doing a 2:1 shared cycle. I will get an update on Monday as the donor will be in on Sunday for monitoring. I was told that this donor normally takes 9 days of stims so that would be on Wednesday of next week. So that puts retrieval at the end of next week. I hope I can get this all done by Christmas!

Completely unrelated but I checked - I took the same BCP that you took. Must be standard protocol. How's the delestrogen going?

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

December 10th, 2011, 7:28 pm #7

Hopefully your embie or embies will be settling in for a long stay over the Christmas holiday and 2012 will bring you a BFP! I hope to see another positive update on Monday.

Delestogen is going fine. So much easier than PIO injections. I'm just a little nervous about forgetting with it only being every third day. TMI warning...based OB CM my body is definitely absorbing it.

I'm thinking about asking if I can take the BCP that my old clinic had me previously had me take. The side effects were not as bad and AF arrive after 4 or 5 days.

enjoy your weekend! I look fwd to your update.

December 12th, 2011, 2:34 pm #8

Am I right?
That's great news that it looks like you'll get the transfer before Christmas. Fingers crossed for the timing and for the result!

December 12th, 2011, 6:49 pm #9

Thanks! nt