Good news I guess

Good news I guess

Looking4mytwins
Looking4mytwins

April 12th, 2012, 10:09 pm #1

Hello all

I got some news today that I think is good. My donor has an amh of 3.6. RE says next cycle period to begin on 4/24 and she will go on pill so we can start the cycle. That is if 2 cysts on ovaries are gone. What are your thoughts?

When can I expect transfer?

E&H
E&H

April 13th, 2012, 12:03 am #2

An AMH of 3.6 is very low for a young donor. Glad the cysts are gone.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 13th, 2012, 12:15 am #3

29. The RE said it was perfect.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 13th, 2012, 12:24 am #4

Ng/ml

April 13th, 2012, 12:46 am #5

29. The RE said it was perfect.
When this came up a few weeks ago, I did a little research and discovered there are at least three different standards still being used worldwide... A recent article in Reproductive Biomedicine Online entitled "The journey from the old to the new AMH assay: how to avoid getting lost in the values" does a fairly good job of explaining the confusion.

As an example of how variable AMH values are depending on the assay, my clinic considers anything between 1.0 and 3.0 "normal".. A value of 3.6 would be considered very high, which would prompt concerns of PCOS. Long story short, don't get too caught up in the numbers - if your RE says it's good, I'd trust him/her. If you're still concerned, ask to see the blood-work and look at the scale the lab uses to interpret results.

Is she starting the pill on 4/24 so she has one more cycle before starting the other meds (Lupron)? If so, you'll probably transfer sometime around mid to late June.

Good luck! Hoping for a smooth cycle for you!