Freezing question

Freezing question

April 27th, 2011, 11:48 pm #1

We had some embryos to put on ice. They all had different grades. When a clinic freezes multiple, are the labeled? So when you go to unfreeze to try again, do you say try to unfreeze so many of these and that.. or is it just batched and its just luck of the draw? Sorry if this is a stupid question, obviously I have never had frosties with my OE so I am very green in this area.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 28th, 2011, 1:31 am #2

So you will know the grades prior to thawing. You'll probably have a meeting to set up a plan on how many to thaw and which ones...sometimes they freeze them 2 to a straw, sometimes one to a straw, if that makes a difference in your thawing plan. If they were frozen very early (2pn stage) it would be a mystery, they aren't graded and you wouldn't know much until the day after thaw and they develop, but it sounds like yours were farther along to be graded before freeze.

Good luck and congrats on having frosties!

April 28th, 2011, 1:44 am #3

We had some embryos to put on ice. They all had different grades. When a clinic freezes multiple, are the labeled? So when you go to unfreeze to try again, do you say try to unfreeze so many of these and that.. or is it just batched and its just luck of the draw? Sorry if this is a stupid question, obviously I have never had frosties with my OE so I am very green in this area.
though I don't actually know which ones were transferred in the cycle that led to my little ones. (They thawed all five and transferred the best three, but as compared to pre-transfer, I don't know which they were). Good luck!!

----------------------------

I've got all I'll ever need thanks to the Keeper of the Stars.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 28th, 2011, 3:30 am #4

In my case, each straw was labeled, and the clinic kept a table that contained which embryo (quality & day of freeze) was in each straw.