? for you with 3-year olds

? for you with 3-year olds

August 1st, 2012, 7:53 pm #1

Is your 3 year old sloppy? My 3 year old (3 years and 3 months if it makes a difference) keeps getting hurt because she does not pay attention where she walks. I keep telling her to slow down and pay attention, but it seems my words don't matter. On top of that she is in full force of her terrible three's and jumps, climbs all over and then gets hurt. Is this normal or should I be concerned? My niece, 4 months younger doesn't seem to have the same problem.

Thanks
EE

August 1st, 2012, 10:53 pm #2

McGirl is especially "clumsy". She trips on air I tell you. She never looks forward and has hit her face into the same corner/turn to our hallway so many times it is embarrassing. She has been this way for about 1.5 yrs so I wish I could say it was a short phase. She will be 4 in Oct. Her twin is not as bad but he too will multitask or face down walking and slam. I swear my 18 month year old is better on his feet and climbing!

I would just try to anticipate what you can to keep her from really hurting herself. Instill the walk and face forward etc.

August 1st, 2012, 10:53 pm #3

Is your 3 year old sloppy? My 3 year old (3 years and 3 months if it makes a difference) keeps getting hurt because she does not pay attention where she walks. I keep telling her to slow down and pay attention, but it seems my words don't matter. On top of that she is in full force of her terrible three's and jumps, climbs all over and then gets hurt. Is this normal or should I be concerned? My niece, 4 months younger doesn't seem to have the same problem.

Thanks
EE
My little guy who is 2 months from 3 doesn't have this issue. But he's a tank - very tough.

August 2nd, 2012, 3:13 am #4

Thanks
EE
Has she always been like this or is this new? You can always run this by your ped...never hurts to ask.
DD is two and half..and is pretty careful where she walks. Once in awhile she will bang into something but she recognizes it and says "oops".
It sounds like you are describing several things..lack of coordination and lack of concentration..It may be neither of these and it may just be her excitement of exploring the world around her.

August 2nd, 2012, 3:53 pm #5

I think she gets so into what she is doing that she fails to pay attention to her feet or where she is walking. she just doesn't pay attention and will look one way and walk the other. So, i guess lack of concentration??
I try to talk to her to slow down, but is like my words are made of air.

EE

August 2nd, 2012, 3:54 pm #6

McGirl is especially "clumsy". She trips on air I tell you. She never looks forward and has hit her face into the same corner/turn to our hallway so many times it is embarrassing. She has been this way for about 1.5 yrs so I wish I could say it was a short phase. She will be 4 in Oct. Her twin is not as bad but he too will multitask or face down walking and slam. I swear my 18 month year old is better on his feet and climbing!

I would just try to anticipate what you can to keep her from really hurting herself. Instill the walk and face forward etc.
I am so much hoping it wil end soon. I am more worried that now that she goes to preschool, will get hurt there.

EE

August 2nd, 2012, 3:56 pm #7

My little guy who is 2 months from 3 doesn't have this issue. But he's a tank - very tough.
that is only 3 months old. I can tell that he does not have the flexibility my DD has, but he is so strong.

EE

August 2nd, 2012, 4:35 pm #8

Thanks
EE
he is just all limbs and craziness. DD has total control and rarely falls or slams into things. i think its normal.

http://mommynista.blogspot.com

August 2nd, 2012, 4:46 pm #9

that is only 3 months old. I can tell that he does not have the flexibility my DD has, but he is so strong.

EE
No, he'll be 3 in 2 months

August 3rd, 2012, 2:57 pm #10

he is just all limbs and craziness. DD has total control and rarely falls or slams into things. i think its normal.

http://mommynista.blogspot.com

I look forward to the time she will be more careful and not give me heart attack everytime she runs around .
EE