For those still trying on Mothers' Day . . .

For those still trying on Mothers' Day . . .

May 13th, 2012, 7:01 pm #1

For many of you, these Mothers' Days while trying to conceive can be the loneliest, most demoralizing day of the year. I want to send you tons of {{hugs}} and a wish that you will become mothers soon, by whatever path you take. Honestly, I can't enjoy Mothers' Day that much anymore having experienced the pain I know it causes women who are undergoing IF treatment. Please remember that you are beautiful and complete, whether or not you have children, and when your children arrive, however they arrive, the pain will become like a dark and distant memory. But if you decide to move forward with a life without children, that life will still be valuable, and the void you feel today will be filled with your love and creativity. Wishing you all the best, Maggie (in VA)

May 13th, 2012, 9:00 pm #2

thank you for your kind and thoughtful words. Mother's Day is rough for me, as it is for so many others. This year, even though I'm pregnant, it's not actually any easier. I was pregnant last Mother's Day too; yet still here I am, childless. Even though we've made progress this time, I'm still scared, I'm still doubtful, and I still don't quite believe that I'll ever really be a mother...

Your message is perfect. Thank you again.
Leigh

Violet
Violet

May 13th, 2012, 9:40 pm #3

For many of you, these Mothers' Days while trying to conceive can be the loneliest, most demoralizing day of the year. I want to send you tons of {{hugs}} and a wish that you will become mothers soon, by whatever path you take. Honestly, I can't enjoy Mothers' Day that much anymore having experienced the pain I know it causes women who are undergoing IF treatment. Please remember that you are beautiful and complete, whether or not you have children, and when your children arrive, however they arrive, the pain will become like a dark and distant memory. But if you decide to move forward with a life without children, that life will still be valuable, and the void you feel today will be filled with your love and creativity. Wishing you all the best, Maggie (in VA)
This helped me feel better. Mother's Day seems to sneak up on me some years and this is one of those years.
With gratitude,
Violet

Jen
Jen

May 13th, 2012, 9:47 pm #4

This really helped. Having a rough day and was happy to read this.
Thanks.

May 14th, 2012, 12:37 am #5

What a beautiful post. I really needed it today. This Mother's Day has been especially tough for me. I look forward to the days when this sadness and pain is a dark and distant memory. Thinking of all my IF sisters today.

xoxo, Tracy

Bharani
Bharani

May 14th, 2012, 2:44 am #6

I can't wait to feel this "the pain will become like a dark and distant memory."
Thanks