First DE cycle

First DE cycle

August 31st, 2012, 1:02 am #1

Hi,
I have been reading the boards for a few days now and have been very encouraged by everyone's posts to each other. I am new to DE and this my first time. I was hoping for any advice on making it as successful as possible. I have had failed cycles using my eggs and with donor embryo. I am so excited but scared at the same time to go through all of this again. I know what a roller coaster this can be emotionally. I had no idea about the immune issues with the failed cycles. I have just started my lupron injections and I am feeling anxious already. Thanks for any advice and just someone to talk to who knows what I am going through.

August 31st, 2012, 2:51 pm #2

No advice, but just wanted to wish you luck!
Do you have an estimated egg retrieval date for your donor? Fingers crossed!

Mrs. McIrish
Mrs. McIrish

August 31st, 2012, 4:37 pm #3

Hi,
I have been reading the boards for a few days now and have been very encouraged by everyone's posts to each other. I am new to DE and this my first time. I was hoping for any advice on making it as successful as possible. I have had failed cycles using my eggs and with donor embryo. I am so excited but scared at the same time to go through all of this again. I know what a roller coaster this can be emotionally. I had no idea about the immune issues with the failed cycles. I have just started my lupron injections and I am feeling anxious already. Thanks for any advice and just someone to talk to who knows what I am going through.
I am also starting my first DE cycle. No advice but wishing you luck!

August 31st, 2012, 6:14 pm #4

Hi,
Feeling anxious is normal if you're on lupron; I never took lupron as I didn't require suppression, but the anxiety when perimenopausal was soul raking. And you've got something to be anxious about. Anyway, the most important thing is to be sure you understand your clinic's instructions. So often there are ladies here asking for information that they should have asked their doctor or clinic nurse -- no criticism, I am all about "Oh, why didn't I think to ask that then?!" Take a notepad to jot down anything you're afraid you might forget at appointments. Hope all goes smoothly and you get plenty of eggs, great fert, and good quality embies! Maggie (in VA)

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

August 31st, 2012, 10:28 pm #5

Hi,
You will find lots of support and knowledge here. I wish you the best with your cycle. Keep us posted and ask any questions.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

September 1st, 2012, 1:44 am #6

Hi,
I'm going through my first DE cycle. I also have a lot of anxiety, although lots of excitement and hope as well after 3 yrs of failure with OE.

I love this board and I find it provides a lot of hope and wisdom. Scroll down a few weeks or so and there is a beautiful couple of threads on signs that told members to keep going. So lovely and hopeful! I read it just the other day when I was worried and down.

Good luck to you and keep us posted on how things go.

September 1st, 2012, 10:27 pm #7

No advice, but just wanted to wish you luck!
Do you have an estimated egg retrieval date for your donor? Fingers crossed!
My estimated transfer date is September 28th. I am so grateful for your and everyone elses well wishes. Thanks! I am starting my cycle calendar on Tuesday. Everyday seems to be another hill to climb but I am praying for a good outcome.

September 1st, 2012, 10:30 pm #8

I am also starting my first DE cycle. No advice but wishing you luck!
Where are you in your cycle? Is your DE retrevial this month as well? I am wishing you the best in yours as well.

September 3rd, 2012, 6:06 am #9

Hi,
Wishing you good news this month.