Fertilization Report...thoughts please?

Fertilization Report...thoughts please?

February 9th, 2011, 12:58 am #1

My husband & I are in the midst of our first DE cycle. On Monday they retrieved 14, 12 were mature and 8 fertilized & were normal. So far I am scheduled for a day 3 transfer, what are my odds of being moved to a Day 5.

Calm118
Calm118

February 9th, 2011, 3:33 am #2

Check out my posts below - almost the same situation! We ended up with 8 fertilized as well - hoping to go to day 5 given all we've heard about the strength of those embies. With our total count and their quality, it just wasn't meant to be for us, but we transferred two solid ones this morning on day 3 and are feeling very excited

I think you of course have a chance to go to day 5 if you have more than we did that are looking good - but there aren't any real odds to tell you without knowing the details of each embie. If by day 3 you are looking at 6 good quality 8 cells...I would bet your RE would take you to blast if that is what you want. In our case, we only had the 2 that looked very good - we were all nervous to risk going to day 5 and facing possibly none to transfer. But, I learned a lot today just talking with the embryologist and the RE - not everything is black and white with odds and what is better for me isn't necessarily what is better for you. So follow our story for what it is - someone else's story. Yours will unfold soon

My heart is with you as you do your first DE cycle (us, too)...tough process, RE said today "it is simply the loss of control that complicates things for you" and he was so right! Know in your heart what is right for you - what you can live with and what you would regret - having that foundation is valuable when you have to make a quick decision! Be sure to ask questions and understand why they are recommending day 3 or day 5...then own whatever happens...we will 2WW together HUGS

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 9th, 2011, 3:41 am #3

My husband & I are in the midst of our first DE cycle. On Monday they retrieved 14, 12 were mature and 8 fertilized & were normal. So far I am scheduled for a day 3 transfer, what are my odds of being moved to a Day 5.
on AVERAGE, approx. 40% of successfully fertilized eggs become blastocysts. My clinic would agree to go to blast if there were a minimum of 8 fertilized eggs. They usually prefer to do day 3 transfers though but would do blasts on request.

February 9th, 2011, 8:51 pm #4

Fingers will be crossed here for good growth for your embryos!

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

February 9th, 2011, 10:35 pm #5

They retrieved nineteen mature eggs from our donor, 11 fertilized without ISCI, on day two we had seven embies continue to divide, on day three we had three eight cell embies (one perfect, two fair). Our clinic which prefers blast transfers had us come in and we transferred the one perfect embie on day three (unfortunately resulted in BFN) and we froze the two others. We plan to go back in March for FET with frozen embies. Hopefully one or two will be pour miracle(s). Good luck with transfer and the 2WW. Keep us posted.

Shannon
Shannon

February 10th, 2011, 12:04 am #6

Found out this morning embies are still growing and they moved me to a 5DT!

Calm118
Calm118

February 10th, 2011, 6:01 pm #7

We will be thinking about you Saturday!