felt bad today

felt bad today

May 2nd, 2012, 4:49 am #1

we went to swimming classes today. I looked around and heck you could see all the kids had a resemblance to their mother... all except me. I've never felt bad about that but felt it hard today I know its stupid but there you go (pity party here),
THK

May 2nd, 2012, 4:50 am #2

HI, I'm just having a bad day but wanted to mention that I wouldn't swap my little fella for all the money in the world... it just got to me today, best, THK

May 2nd, 2012, 6:05 am #3

you are two pees in a pod. ((((())))))

May 2nd, 2012, 11:47 am #4

nt

May 2nd, 2012, 11:50 am #5

we went to swimming classes today. I looked around and heck you could see all the kids had a resemblance to their mother... all except me. I've never felt bad about that but felt it hard today I know its stupid but there you go (pity party here),
THK
Hey mate, sorry to hear you're down today. Even parents with genetic ties often don't resemble their kiddlies. EVERY single week I get asked where I adopted my boy from! He's at that age now too that I've had to sit down and explain to him about adoption and how it is a wonderful way to have a family but that he wasn't adopted.

E&H sees you guys all the time - I'd trust her judgement mate. Sometimes we just can't see it when we're too close!

Be happy! R probably won't care anyways - boy thing!
Last edited by aussiehoneygirl on November 26th, 2012, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 2nd, 2012, 1:34 pm #6

THK
I had the exact same experience about fifteen months ago when I hosted a baby sign class in my home. And one of the moms was a DE mom via GC, but her son still looked more like her, b/c she had so much more control over her donors as she cycled domestically, while I cycled overseas. Now, despite my sons' blond-haired blue-eyedness, I have never gotten the adoption question. But I do get lots of stares and beating about the bush.

As aussiehoneygirl points out, genetic children don't necessarily look a lot like their parents, and I have a glaring example of that in my oldest niece. My sister says she looks like her father's relatives, though not even particularly like her father, except that they both have kind of stereotypically Irish features. But it's still a bit sad-making, I grant you. Pretty much coincidentally, Bob looks a bit like my elder half-brothers, and I am trying to prepare myself for out trip this summer where I hope we'll be visiting my brother who's still living, as I expect people will be thinking Bob is his son and I'm just some relative floating about.

Take care,

Maggie (in VA)

May 2nd, 2012, 2:11 pm #7

Hey Maggie just to clarify the reason I get the adoption question is that my son is very African looking whilst I'm lilly-white (DH is African). He is O/E but looks nothing like me!

Also Maggie a few days ago I did an anon posting on the other board about perimenopause symptoms. You bought up some great points which I didn't know about, and I've replied to your response asking some ???? but I don't think you've seen the post. I'd love to hear more about your experiences if that's okay.

Thanks!

May 2nd, 2012, 2:37 pm #8

you are two pees in a pod. ((((())))))

a perfect blend of you two.

May 2nd, 2012, 2:43 pm #9

I had the exact same experience about fifteen months ago when I hosted a baby sign class in my home. And one of the moms was a DE mom via GC, but her son still looked more like her, b/c she had so much more control over her donors as she cycled domestically, while I cycled overseas. Now, despite my sons' blond-haired blue-eyedness, I have never gotten the adoption question. But I do get lots of stares and beating about the bush.

As aussiehoneygirl points out, genetic children don't necessarily look a lot like their parents, and I have a glaring example of that in my oldest niece. My sister says she looks like her father's relatives, though not even particularly like her father, except that they both have kind of stereotypically Irish features. But it's still a bit sad-making, I grant you. Pretty much coincidentally, Bob looks a bit like my elder half-brothers, and I am trying to prepare myself for out trip this summer where I hope we'll be visiting my brother who's still living, as I expect people will be thinking Bob is his son and I'm just some relative floating about.

Take care,

Maggie (in VA)
You don't really see my sister in there at all. My mother and her siblings none of them look especially related. I look as much or more like my kids than my mom does like me and as you know I had no idea what they might look like. It's such a crapshoot.

May 2nd, 2012, 3:01 pm #10

Hey Maggie just to clarify the reason I get the adoption question is that my son is very African looking whilst I'm lilly-white (DH is African). He is O/E but looks nothing like me!

Also Maggie a few days ago I did an anon posting on the other board about perimenopause symptoms. You bought up some great points which I didn't know about, and I've replied to your response asking some ???? but I don't think you've seen the post. I'd love to hear more about your experiences if that's okay.

Thanks!
And it just slipped my mind, easy to happen as it, hmmmm, day 5 or so off of HRT. Yesterday I tried to walk out through two consecutive doors clearly marked "In" at the grocery store, among other estrogen-deprived shenanigans.

I was on cyclic HRT b/c my periods at the time had stopped and I had only had one in six months, so much longer than you. The idea is that they want to keep your uterus in the habit of building a lining. But if your RE is content that building a lining is not an issue -- my BW from a few months earlier had shown my hormone levels to be not just at perimenopausal, but postmenopausal levels, sigh -- then he might not think it's necessary. I also had very bad experiences w/bc pills and the patch, but don't know if that would have been so in perimenopause. As long as I'm getting enough estradiol, HRT makes me feel fine, but not enough and it's worse than nothing.

I didn't have a mock cycle as my periods were regular and adequate on maintenance HRT. If you were doing one, all you'd need to do, as far as I know, would be to have your regularly "scheduled" period on HRT, and then start the larger doses of estrogens used for your mock cycle.

BTW, on your getting asked about adoption b/c DS is half African, did you see this on Slate? So . . . for all the crap we DE parents take for using donor gametes instead of adopting, there are people who don't approve of that, either!

http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear ... race_.html

Take care,

Maggie (in VA)