feeling disconnected

feeling disconnected

February 3rd, 2011, 10:48 pm #1

I'm about to start lupron for de cycle #2... and feeling disconnected. It's probably a coping device... any words of encouragement, ladies?

LizLA
LizLA

February 4th, 2011, 12:03 am #2

Its a hard road but well worth it.

You CAN do it. GL

February 4th, 2011, 1:20 am #3

I'm about to start lupron for de cycle #2... and feeling disconnected. It's probably a coping device... any words of encouragement, ladies?
Hi K,
I know how it is I really do. You don't have to 'feel' anything when cycling as it makes no difference either way.
Take everything when and how you should and just get on with your normal life as much as possible. The cycle will then pass quickly and with hopefully less emotional fallout as you will be pg

I used to sit on the fence about what I expected out of a cycle and I always had a plan B - this helped me more than any chocolates, thinking of you and wishing you every success petal, TH

February 4th, 2011, 12:37 pm #4

way on my last attempt. It was like I was just going through the motions. And even after transfer I was planning our FET trip in my head. I really do think at this point it is a coping mechanism. We are just so used to disappointment that we don't want to get our hopes up. But I figured something out. Even trying to be disconnected that BFN is still going to hurt, so might as well try to be in the moment and excited about the possiblity because either way if it doesn't work it is still going to hurt the same. And when you do get that beautiful +, allow yourself to feel it and all the wonderful scary emotions that come with it. Keep us posted Keifel! You know I'll be thinking of you!

All my best!

ks

February 4th, 2011, 3:35 pm #5

And I think that's what you're doing. As long as you can "act as if" you are a committed patient doing all the things you need to do to give this cycle the best shot, even though you can't help distancing yourself emotionally from the process, you're OK. It's a lot better than being so unhinged you can't take care of your business, and I've been there, so I know. Just keep the faith, and I think you'll be able to touch it emotionally again, hopefully with joy b/c you will be pg. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

February 5th, 2011, 1:00 am #6

Its a hard road but well worth it.

You CAN do it. GL
for your encouragement.

February 5th, 2011, 1:04 am #7

Hi K,
I know how it is I really do. You don't have to 'feel' anything when cycling as it makes no difference either way.
Take everything when and how you should and just get on with your normal life as much as possible. The cycle will then pass quickly and with hopefully less emotional fallout as you will be pg

I used to sit on the fence about what I expected out of a cycle and I always had a plan B - this helped me more than any chocolates, thinking of you and wishing you every success petal, TH
I'm trying to decide on my plan B... again. Chocolates sound good, though. Thanks for your wishes!

February 5th, 2011, 1:08 am #8

way on my last attempt. It was like I was just going through the motions. And even after transfer I was planning our FET trip in my head. I really do think at this point it is a coping mechanism. We are just so used to disappointment that we don't want to get our hopes up. But I figured something out. Even trying to be disconnected that BFN is still going to hurt, so might as well try to be in the moment and excited about the possiblity because either way if it doesn't work it is still going to hurt the same. And when you do get that beautiful +, allow yourself to feel it and all the wonderful scary emotions that come with it. Keep us posted Keifel! You know I'll be thinking of you!

All my best!

ks

I hope that it's my last needed attempt. I will try to get more excited. The last time sure hurt, though.

February 5th, 2011, 1:11 am #9

And I think that's what you're doing. As long as you can "act as if" you are a committed patient doing all the things you need to do to give this cycle the best shot, even though you can't help distancing yourself emotionally from the process, you're OK. It's a lot better than being so unhinged you can't take care of your business, and I've been there, so I know. Just keep the faith, and I think you'll be able to touch it emotionally again, hopefully with joy b/c you will be pg. Take care, Maggie (in VA)
I'm definitely "acting as if", off I go to give myself another lupron shot...