feel weak, sad can't describe

feel weak, sad can't describe

Bharani
Bharani

June 4th, 2011, 11:54 pm #1

Sorry to be downer ):
Today I met one old friend/ neighbor. We are from the same continent but not country. We used to be neighbor and got married the same year. I run to her the second time today. Last time was Dec 2009. At that time she was married and had one son. She brags alot, about her son/ husband and trying to be pg again. You ladies know how the worry of this jouney is. Long story short, when I run to her today in grocery. She said why I don't want to be friend with her and if it is because of the children and then she said oh that I only knew the boy but now she has a girl also. That hits me alot. I said i am glad that she got a sibling for her son. She continue bragging about buying new house, new job,and that her husband "is so caring".

I feel weak. I didn't even complete my grocery, I left the place quickly.
She took my both of my phone(home and cell). I don't know what irritates me: the brag/ the children/ that we are the same age.

Sorry and thank you.

June 5th, 2011, 12:17 am #2

You have really been through a lot recently. Of course you felt sad and upset. People don't have any way of knowing what we are going through inside and so sometimes they say things that can really hurt. And some people are more prone to brag and others are more humble. I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time and really hope that something wonderful is around the corner for you.

June 5th, 2011, 12:41 am #3

Sorry to be downer ):
Today I met one old friend/ neighbor. We are from the same continent but not country. We used to be neighbor and got married the same year. I run to her the second time today. Last time was Dec 2009. At that time she was married and had one son. She brags alot, about her son/ husband and trying to be pg again. You ladies know how the worry of this jouney is. Long story short, when I run to her today in grocery. She said why I don't want to be friend with her and if it is because of the children and then she said oh that I only knew the boy but now she has a girl also. That hits me alot. I said i am glad that she got a sibling for her son. She continue bragging about buying new house, new job,and that her husband "is so caring".

She took my both of my phone(home and cell). I don't know what irritates me: the brag/ the children/ that we are the same age.

Sorry and thank you.
I'm sorry you went through that. What a clueless and insensitive person, your acquaintance is! Be gentle on yourself.

Let's hope you don't see her again for another two years! She sounds so self-absorbed that she probably won't bother calling you.

Bharani
Bharani

June 5th, 2011, 1:12 am #4

You have really been through a lot recently. Of course you felt sad and upset. People don't have any way of knowing what we are going through inside and so sometimes they say things that can really hurt. And some people are more prone to brag and others are more humble. I'm so sorry you are having such a hard time and really hope that something wonderful is around the corner for you.
I hope too, that my time will come soon. She showed me her daughter age 9 month.
Thank you

Bharani
Bharani

June 5th, 2011, 1:16 am #5

I'm sorry you went through that. What a clueless and insensitive person, your acquaintance is! Be gentle on yourself.

Let's hope you don't see her again for another two years! She sounds so self-absorbed that she probably won't bother calling you.
I just told to dh. He said why I didn't tell her that I am extremly busy. And he joked about it one excuse we learned here is to say the word "busy". I am thinking not to answer if I remember her phone #.
I just learned more how much shallow she is. It is ok!!
Thank you

June 5th, 2011, 1:24 am #6

Just ignore any messages she might leave. But, she's probably too self-absorbed to bother!

June 5th, 2011, 1:46 am #7

Sorry to be downer ):

Sorry and thank you.
Trust me, I know its hard to see someone who has what you want and should have. I am always comparing myself, oh jee, I have been married this long and look people who have gotten married after and all this have what I should have.. I try to think God is putting me thru this ordeal to strengthen my marriage and life.. at this point we have been thru so much I can't see what we can't get thru. I am of the thought that God is doing this b/c we will end up with the children we were meant for us. Hopefully the God talk is not off putting and if you don't believe in God, insert faith here..

Its hard when people haven't been thru the infertility ringer that we have.. lets just hope karma is a bitch and you prevail knowing you are a good person.

Bharani
Bharani

June 5th, 2011, 2:30 am #8

till beginning of 2009. I will prevail. Those years were the horrible years in my entire life. Yes, after that was also difficult years but not as those.
"What goes around comes around". I really believe in this.

I do have you ladies. You ladies make me stronger whenever i get your inputs.
Thanks

Anon
Anon

June 5th, 2011, 2:49 am #9

what goes around indeed comes around ... and what I have learned over all these years, that while there are people with lovely babies, there are also the ones with broken familiies - no one gets a perfect life, but everyone gets a choice in humility and attitude. Stay strong and humble - your blessings are on their way!

K
K

June 5th, 2011, 4:04 am #10

People are insensitive and it is very hard. I understand. Hope you're feeling better... Oh, and don't answer her calls!!!!! Xo