False positive ClearBlue Digital

False positive ClearBlue Digital

New2011
New2011

March 31st, 2011, 6:11 am #1

Believe it or not got false positive. I believe. This morning I tested at 5dp5dt and a clear pregnant. When I went online I saw a lot of comment from ppl about false positives. I just took another test and to my horror it came back not pregnant. I am crashed!!

March 31st, 2011, 7:26 am #2

You don't know if it's a false positive. You only know if the tests conflicted!

If your urine is too dilute it won't show up on the test.

E&H
E&H

March 31st, 2011, 10:29 am #3

Believe it or not got false positive. I believe. This morning I tested at 5dp5dt and a clear pregnant. When I went online I saw a lot of comment from ppl about false positives. I just took another test and to my horror it came back not pregnant. I am crashed!!
but never a false positive. Honestly some of them are not as sensitive as others - seen in lots.

March 31st, 2011, 11:40 am #4

I just wanted to send you my support and a big cyberhug. I do believe it will be okay. Again, not being an expert, I think I would wait a few days (I know it will be excruciating, but you can make it) and take the test again just to make yourself feel more confident about your initial results. But E & H is such an awesome resource, and many here do consider her an expert, and to hear that she has never seen a false positive with a ClearBlue Digital test would carry an incredible amount of weight with me.

Don't let yourself get down. Your excitement over your initial results was wonderful, and infectious. Try to relax (massage, watching old movies, whatever works for you). Then give it a try again.

Thinking of you and cheering you on!

Leigh888
Leigh888

March 31st, 2011, 12:22 pm #5

Is that this early, you probably have a very small amount of HCG in your system. So, depending on how diluted your pee is, the test might come back pos or neg. You are probably right on the border of the sensitivity. I bet if you test again in a day or two, it will be positive.

Good luck!

keifel
keifel

March 31st, 2011, 12:47 pm #6

just "too early" false negatives. I say, as a poas addict, go get a few different brands and try them out. My first faint line (after all day, retrieved from the wastebasket) was the el cheapo brand from the dollar store which came with a little dropper.

I say a cautious congratulations!

scubagrl
scubagrl

March 31st, 2011, 2:36 pm #7

Go get the First Response pregnancy test, pink box. In my experience these are the BEST, and detect the HCG earliest (just my opinion). I always tested positive on these while the clear blue ones still said negative. And, it is very likely that your urine was more diluted then when you tested the first time. I also have never heard of a false positive (i'm sure it has happened, but it's not very likely in your case). Check out this great website, peeonastick.com It can answer a lot of questions and shows you all the different tests and the levels at which they can start to detect the HCG.

March 31st, 2011, 4:04 pm #8

Guess which one was right (am leaving sig in for you). Best to you!! I am definitely more inclined the believe the first test.

----------------------------

I've got all I'll ever need thanks to the Keeper of the Stars.

March 31st, 2011, 5:40 pm #9

But we're rootin' for you, one way or another. Mr. Clearblue didn't steer me wrong . Maggie (in VA)

New2011
New2011

March 31st, 2011, 6:39 pm #10

Thank you so so much for all the encouragement.

I dont know what I would do without this board and you ladies. After going nuts all night and all morning I went to buy the First Response in the pink box per scubagrl suggestion but mistakenly got their own generic brand in a pink box that was next to it (youve got to love their marketing strategy). That test showed a very very very faint second line so I am cautiously optimistic. Thank you for all the support ladies.