even with DE what did YOU do, to increase chances

even with DE what did YOU do, to increase chances

May 26th, 2011, 8:50 pm #1

as in, getting your body ready.
diet? excersize? lower stress?

I know that there are some large differences in OE and DE to prep. So just wondering.
I have a while before I try again, but would love to hear your thoughts.

May 27th, 2011, 1:27 am #2

DE was our induction into fertility treatment. When we were told that I had a low ovarian reserve and blocked tubes, although very tempted, we didn't want to waste any money on trying with OE. We already had a child prior to beingsic diagnosed with fertility probs. Go figure!

Anyway since I have gained weight during this process (which just started in January), so I am working on getting my weight at least closer to what it typically is. It's hard to fit it in, but I have been walking on the treadmill or on the elliptical machine for the past few weeks, and I have been focusing more on what I eat. I typically eat "clean", foods as close to their natural state as possible (ie. baked potato instead of mashed or fries, brown rice, fresh veggies), but my recent schedule has made it difficult to prepare those sorts of meals. I had to finally say ENOUGH! I have to make maintaining my health a priority. I know I desperately want to have another child(ren) but I don't want to just give in and let my body totally go.

It seems for me weight gain goes with hormones, period, but I want to do all I can to fight against it. Oh and did I say that I've always HATED working out. I am the kind who just likes to be active and not focused on working out. But a girl's got to do...

May 27th, 2011, 7:20 am #3

I'm doing the same thing--eating clean foods, working out more.

I will do more yoga too--soon!

I got a juicer. I make spinach smoothies. Let me know if you want the recipe!

May 29th, 2011, 1:52 am #4

I hope you are well. I have not tried juicing yet (and although it's pathetic to admit, I have a juicer and don't work it well at all). Yes, I would like to try the recipe. I added kale to my "repertoire" and I've heard of a lot of people juicing that. I eat it raw, and it's quite bitter, so I imagine that something has to be added to make it sweeter and palatable as a drink. Would that then negate the benefits of the kale?

Thanks, and good to "hear" from you!