Estrace/Progesterone levels

Estrace/Progesterone levels

SamanthaL
SamanthaL

April 28th, 2011, 4:08 pm #1

Since we are 100% OOP, I used a lot of meds that I had left over from previous cycles as well as a lot of stuff my BFF had left from her successful IVF.
One of the things was the estrace tablets. Today, I went to get more because I ran out of what my friend gave me and I noticed the ones I just got were a different shape, size and color! Turns out this whole cycle I have been taking 1mg estrace instead of 2 mg that my RE prescribed!! I paniced and almost started crying. Turns out, it's ok, the donor coordinator got my levels and US results and said I am fine, no harm done, but to start with the 2 mg now. PHEW.

My progesterone level today, 3 days post 3 day transfer is 49.8. Is that good? I forgot to ask her. All she said was I was doing ok and to ocntinue my meds.

Bethlyn
Bethlyn

April 28th, 2011, 5:40 pm #2

I would have panicked too but it's a good thing you had your levels checked... and yep, your progesterone level is perfect at 49.8, keep it at that level (like we have any control) and you will be just fine. When you get your (positive) beta level, they usually like to see your progesterone over 15 or 20, so you will be good to go!

SamanthaL
SamanthaL

April 28th, 2011, 5:44 pm #3

Thanks! nt

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 28th, 2011, 10:45 pm #4

Since we are 100% OOP, I used a lot of meds that I had left over from previous cycles as well as a lot of stuff my BFF had left from her successful IVF.
One of the things was the estrace tablets. Today, I went to get more because I ran out of what my friend gave me and I noticed the ones I just got were a different shape, size and color! Turns out this whole cycle I have been taking 1mg estrace instead of 2 mg that my RE prescribed!! I paniced and almost started crying. Turns out, it's ok, the donor coordinator got my levels and US results and said I am fine, no harm done, but to start with the 2 mg now. PHEW.

My progesterone level today, 3 days post 3 day transfer is 49.8. Is that good? I forgot to ask her. All she said was I was doing ok and to ocntinue my meds.
are you on pio or crinone. What is your dose for the progesterone?

SamanthaL
SamanthaL

April 28th, 2011, 11:59 pm #5

PIO, 2 cc per day plus endometrin 3 times/day

Kacee
Kacee

April 29th, 2011, 2:42 am #6

important, blood levels are all over the place for everyong and don't have corelation to lining thickness or pattern. My E2 numbers have been anywhere from 800 kto 1,900, with a 10.7 lining, while another friend has been the 100 to 200 range and her lining is fine.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 29th, 2011, 11:48 pm #7

PIO, 2 cc per day plus endometrin 3 times/day
I am on 1cc only. What? I am in shock now.