E&H or Daisy or other experts?

E&H or Daisy or other experts?

Orchid
Orchid

December 18th, 2010, 3:06 pm #1

I guess this cycle is toast?

I am having an LH surge. My ovaries are active--like crazy active.

I am in the middle of my cycle.

I am on progestin only pills. So these are supposed to prevent ovulation.

But they aren't.

It is really important for me to cycle this time.

So...what do I do about the lupron shot? It wouldn't stop this would it?

It looks like I will lose my chance at the donor eggs.

Won't the doctor's office think there is something wrong with me? I am on bcps and I ovulate. I am on megadoses of estrogen and I ovulate.

The weirder part is that my ovaries SUCK. I have high FSH. They only seem to work when someone is trying to suppress them.

I take nothing but I did drink some various herb teas. Never medicinal tea!!! But really, normal kind of celestial seasonings type tea--like red zinger or sleepytime. And I don't drink a ton of it. I was just trying not to get all hooked on caffeine again so that when I did my cycle it would be easy to stay off it.

Obviously, I will never do that again. But how could that be? How?

Orchid
Orchid

December 18th, 2010, 4:38 pm #2

And of course they are right.

But I SWEAR I am not crazy like this about ANYTHING else.

They were like 'listen just go with the plan.'

OK then. I'll just go with the plan.

Oh well, they were nice about it. But my theories about my ovaries being very unruly were not impressing them from a medical standpoint. Lol.

I hope they are right.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 18th, 2010, 5:49 pm #3

But they aren't.

Won't the doctor's office think there is something wrong with me? I am on bcps and I ovulate. I am on megadoses of estrogen and I ovulate.

The weirder part is that my ovaries SUCK. I have high FSH. They only seem to work when someone is trying to suppress them.

I take nothing but I did drink some various herb teas. Never medicinal tea!!! But really, normal kind of celestial seasonings type tea--like red zinger or sleepytime. And I don't drink a ton of it. I was just trying not to get all hooked on caffeine again so that when I did my cycle it would be easy to stay off it.

OPKs are notoriously inaccurate for high FSH patients, they can give false positives.

December 18th, 2010, 11:31 pm #4

But they aren't.

but we put people on bcps so that they will have a bleed once they start the lupron. You will need to bleed once you start the lupron and that should happen 4 or 5 days after stopping pills. I don't know anything about that particular pill btw.

Orchid
Orchid

December 20th, 2010, 3:51 pm #5

OPKs are notoriously inaccurate for high FSH patients, they can give false positives.

I don't want an LH surge. I only think I'm having one because I have a lot of ovarian activity that I feel. I know it seems like...well, you don't. And that's certainly possible. But I feel stuff happening in my body and I tend to know what's going on down there.

So I tested with LH.

I hope I'm not ovulating. I get mittleschmerz like mofo. I have always had it. I used to be able to predict my cycle to the minute. I got it this time, for sure. But maybe it was something else.

Orchid
Orchid

December 21st, 2010, 8:06 pm #6

but we put people on bcps so that they will have a bleed once they start the lupron. You will need to bleed once you start the lupron and that should happen 4 or 5 days after stopping pills. I don't know anything about that particular pill btw.
I think everything should be OK as long as there is no cyst.

The lupron HAS to suppress me right? My ovaries are not made of titanium. They CAN'T ignore this dose of lupron, right???

Of course who knows--every time I do this it is totally different!!! I am so confused each time because I am basing it off the last time and thinking similar events will occur or the process is similar but it is different every time.

I also realized that's why I go slightly bonkers--because I cannot tell what's going to happen next with my body. It's the total unknown. It is so unpredictable.

Also, I am quite clueless about the medicine.

So in my mind the ONLY thing that could go wrong at this point it is a cyst. I can't ovulate this time...Right?

Now watch my body will do some other completely crazy thing I won't expect? I HOPE NOT.