Donor's 1st U/S - 15 resting follicles

Donor's 1st U/S - 15 resting follicles

LadyMagoo
LadyMagoo

May 26th, 2011, 9:25 pm #1

I think that's good - and I think I should be excitied.

So...is that good and SHOULD I be excited?

May 26th, 2011, 9:29 pm #2

That sounds good to me!!! Fingers crossed!!! nt

Intermountain
Intermountain

May 26th, 2011, 11:34 pm #3

I am just beginning the process and trying to better understand all numbers

K
K

May 27th, 2011, 1:28 am #4

She starts her stims on Tuesday so we'll see what she gets. Tons of luck going your way!

LadyMagoo
LadyMagoo

May 27th, 2011, 2:39 am #5

I am just beginning the process and trying to better understand all numbers
Hi. This is the baseline ultrasound. She has gotten her period, but she has not yet started stims.

Intermountain
Intermountain

May 27th, 2011, 11:36 am #6

She starts her stims on Tuesday so we'll see what she gets. Tons of luck going your way!
I think that is a pretty decent number. My donor's day 3 came back at 13 and our doctor is not very happy. She thinks this is borderline, and we are waiting for her AMH for go/no-go .

From a statistical perspective, AFC and AMH provide an indication of egg quantity, so it helps my doc estimate % success rate, with given averages on number of eggs, number fertilized, transferred, frozen etc.

K
K

May 27th, 2011, 1:33 pm #7

I thought that was high but nurse said it was fine. Donors only 21.... How old is your donor? I hope you get a Go for this cycle. The waiting is awful!

zaytune
zaytune

May 27th, 2011, 1:55 pm #8

I think that is a pretty decent number. My donor's day 3 came back at 13 and our doctor is not very happy. She thinks this is borderline, and we are waiting for her AMH for go/no-go .

From a statistical perspective, AFC and AMH provide an indication of egg quantity, so it helps my doc estimate % success rate, with given averages on number of eggs, number fertilized, transferred, frozen etc.
What was 13 ? Was that a follicle count .

Intermountain
Intermountain

May 27th, 2011, 2:13 pm #9

I thought that was high but nurse said it was fine. Donors only 21.... How old is your donor? I hope you get a Go for this cycle. The waiting is awful!
K, we found our donor after long winded intensive search in the limited east indian donor pool. Unfortunately, she turns 30 this year, but she has 2 kids, both conceived in her first attempts.

Waiting is indeed awful . I sure do hope it's a go.

Intermountain
Intermountain

May 27th, 2011, 2:14 pm #10

What was 13 ? Was that a follicle count .
Zaytune, yes 13 is the Antral Follicle Count on CD3. We wanted her first screened locally, before we committed 100% of agency fees, since she has never donated before.