donor didn't get Af

donor didn't get Af

Bharani
Bharani

January 24th, 2011, 9:58 pm #1

Hello ladies,

the donor started bcp on Jan 3 and stopped last Monday, Jan 17. That means it is one week ago, but she didn't get her period. She is knew to this process, and I don't know what to make of it: if she has bad cycle which means bad... or that it doesn't mean anything.
What do you think of donor who didn't get Af after stopping bcp ( 8 days later)?

Please help. And what type of quesions do I ask my de coordinator?
Thanks

Anonymous
Anonymous

January 24th, 2011, 10:04 pm #2

they need to rule out pregnancy with hcg beta, test her E2 and P4, verify her ovaries ae quiet and lining is thin.

If she has not had monitoring ask them why not.

Bharani
Bharani

January 24th, 2011, 11:17 pm #3

Thank you,
She was in today, and the coordinator told me she didn't get Af.

January 24th, 2011, 11:29 pm #4

Hello ladies,

the donor started bcp on Jan 3 and stopped last Monday, Jan 17. That means it is one week ago, but she didn't get her period. She is knew to this process, and I don't know what to make of it: if she has bad cycle which means bad... or that it doesn't mean anything.
What do you think of donor who didn't get Af after stopping bcp ( 8 days later)?

Please help. And what type of quesions do I ask my de coordinator?
Thanks
If you haven't already started estrogen it isn't a problem. Pills from 3rd to 17th isn't quite enough days to ensure period will come 4 to 5 days later. I've seen it many times. Her period should come in the next day or so. They should have had her on at least nearly 21 pills. As long as you haven't started estrogen pills all is well. If you have started estrogen then her period and stims need to start asap. Last week I had a donor who was late with her period by a couple of days after bcp and I had to start stims due to Chinese New Year, everything shuts down from 3rd to 7th Feb here. I had her scanned and the dr could tell from scan that her period was going to start very soon. If she has a scan and he can tell the period is just around the corner she can start stims. My donor started and then her period came within an hour. Good luck.

Bharani
Bharani

January 25th, 2011, 12:10 am #5

OH! Thank you. I wanted to put your name but then said... I appreciate for answering to my post. I didn't start estrace (although I requested it and I was told no. I hope the donor gets her period soon. am I ok in terms of time line? I am on lupron, no estrace nothing. Only lupron 10 iu

Thank you

January 25th, 2011, 3:28 am #6

You can stay on Lupron for as long as it takes. One cycle I took it for about 8 weeks - its fine.

Bharani
Bharani

January 25th, 2011, 11:53 pm #7

I hope it won't take 8 weeks.
Thanks