Don't Know if I can do this anymore..Thinking of finally GIVING UP!!

Don't Know if I can do this anymore..Thinking of finally GIVING UP!!

Starting over
Starting over

June 4th, 2011, 12:56 pm #1

Nothing is going right...after many bfn's, late m/c, early m/c, tests, and finally being able to start over...another road block!!! lining NOT doing what it should very thick 14.6mm but homogenous most likely going to be cancelled AGAIN!! my lining for the past 3-4 cycles has not responsed to FET prep which I never had a problem with BUT for some unknown reason lining won't move off of being homogenous have been cancelled three times already with tests revealing all Normal.

I think this is some sort of sign telling me it is time to throw in the towel and give up on my Dream...

Told dh if I could afford surrog. or even adoption I could hold onto some sort of Hope But financially things are hard especially spending so much on DE.

Wish I could hide away from this awful feeling of a empty heart.

thesameboat
thesameboat

June 4th, 2011, 1:39 pm #2

I recognize the despair in your post. It is not fair to get so close and have something like this stand in the way.

Forgive the assvice alluded to below, but just in case...
May I ask if your RE changed your meds for this cycle? Sometimes (often) they have a cookie-cutter philosophy. 'Recipients take xyz and then on day so-and-so we do this.' This works most of the time but not all of the time. Since you've had this problem several cycles in a row, it makes me wonder if your meds are wrong for you.

Did you take Lupron? Can it be that Lupron oversuppresses you? Does your period take AGES to come after you take Lupron or do you skip the 2nd period? Some of us old-timers here did that and banded together to refuse to take it again, insisting on suppressing with birth control pills, which, for some of us, is much easier on the system.

I hope you find the answers you need. (( ))

Starting over
Starting over

June 4th, 2011, 2:06 pm #3

I did the same old FET prep, I never take Lupron or birth control pills never have, just always got AF and went straight on estrace prep. this is what I have always done and it had worked great in the past BUT now it doesn't work anymore, keep in mind I am doing donor embryo transfer (FET)

I am in my late forties and my cycles have started to change since cycling again, AF is different noticed this happening about 6 months ago, skipping a AF, lighter one month then heavier...

I am really at the point where I am very confused all tests are normal, but stuck on a homogenous lining... tech. where I am being monitored says GO for the transfer thick lining looks great! BUT my clinic says homogenous is a NO way transfer!

Any more advice or info.

Thank you so much for your support, I really need it!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 4th, 2011, 2:21 pm #4

Look on Pubmed Central and google "trilaminar pattern and implantation" or endometrial thickness in donor egg cycles- there were several. I think I would just go for it....

Starting over
Starting over

June 4th, 2011, 2:32 pm #5

in triple lining or homogenous as long as the lining was thick enough.

But my clinic says NO WAY that is the worst lining for transfer.

Back for more b/w & u/s on Monday...I really don't think anything is going to change.

Thank you so much!!!

June 4th, 2011, 3:01 pm #6

Nothing is going right...after many bfn's, late m/c, early m/c, tests, and finally being able to start over...another road block!!! lining NOT doing what it should very thick 14.6mm but homogenous most likely going to be cancelled AGAIN!! my lining for the past 3-4 cycles has not responsed to FET prep which I never had a problem with BUT for some unknown reason lining won't move off of being homogenous have been cancelled three times already with tests revealing all Normal.

I think this is some sort of sign telling me it is time to throw in the towel and give up on my Dream...

Told dh if I could afford surrog. or even adoption I could hold onto some sort of Hope But financially things are hard especially spending so much on DE.

I don't have any advice about the lining but your post hit a nerve. I know how hard it is to go thru years of this, it sucks plain and simple. I hope you find an avenue to mix up the pre work to see if your body just got use to the meds. Hang in there.

Starting over
Starting over

June 4th, 2011, 3:34 pm #7

You are so right this Just Sucks going down the same painful road, trying to hold onto alittle Hope for Mon. u/s & b/w but have a feeling it is going to be the same old disappointing story.

I am really trying to keep seeing some sort of light at the end of this difficult tunnel BUT the light seems to be getting harder for me to see.

Thanks so much for your supporting words!

ALM
ALM

June 4th, 2011, 3:46 pm #8

1. I have no advice on lining issue as this is my 1st DE cycle. I am sorry this has been such a long, hard road. Boy, you are a trooper. I've been at this for a year (age 43) and done 3 OE tries. B/c of age and circumstance, decided to move to DE.

That said, I'm already so sick and tired of the shots, the worry, the waiting, the whole thing. I can only imagine if I flash-forward 5 years. No, I can't do this for 5 more years. I already want my life back!

That said, you've come this far. You just have to get this lining issue fixed. Your frustration and anguish are justified, but they aren't going to fix the problem. You've got your embies ready. Keep your eye on the ball. Find a different route for this protocol.

Hang in there - don't quit before the miracle happens.

Starting over
Starting over

June 4th, 2011, 5:54 pm #9

Thank you for your encouraging words and I Hope the journey for you is a very short one!

I have been going thru DE cycles for over 8 yrs. and infertility issues with OE for many, many years...I think this long exhausting painful road needs to come to a end soon because I just don't feel like I can mentally/physically do this anymore!!!

Thanks again...Best of Luck to you!!

June 4th, 2011, 6:33 pm #10

I did the same old FET prep, I never take Lupron or birth control pills never have, just always got AF and went straight on estrace prep. this is what I have always done and it had worked great in the past BUT now it doesn't work anymore, keep in mind I am doing donor embryo transfer (FET)

I am in my late forties and my cycles have started to change since cycling again, AF is different noticed this happening about 6 months ago, skipping a AF, lighter one month then heavier...

I am really at the point where I am very confused all tests are normal, but stuck on a homogenous lining... tech. where I am being monitored says GO for the transfer thick lining looks great! BUT my clinic says homogenous is a NO way transfer!

Any more advice or info.

Thank you so much for your support, I really need it!!
I don't. But I'm here and I'll be checking in to see what they say. I'm hoping for you.