don't feel movement any more (pregnancy ment.)

don't feel movement any more (pregnancy ment.)

Dee
Dee

March 20th, 2011, 10:56 pm #1

I no longer feel the pulls/twinges/cramps in my abdomen, for about 5 days now. Is that a bad sign? They were very strong in the beginning, now they are gone.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

March 21st, 2011, 12:07 am #2

they are soooo many different changes going on in the early weeks. One day you'll wake up and not feel PG at all and the next day or day after you're back in full swing. I would not read anything into symptoms that subside. Unless you have symptoms that raise flags such as bleeding or severe pain or fever, stuff like that...I would not worry much about subsiding PG twinges.

Dee.S
Dee.S

March 21st, 2011, 12:18 am #3

I no longer feel the pulls/twinges/cramps in my abdomen, for about 5 days now. Is that a bad sign? They were very strong in the beginning, now they are gone.
Its so hormonal the early weeks. I felt nothing at all and was pregnant. My boobs were sore initially then the day they stopped hurting I sat on the bed and starting crying because I was so sure this was a bad sign. So try not to put yourself in a rut like I did. No 2 pregnancy are the same and so these first weeks gives us moms cause to worry. So hang in there and enjoy your pregnancy!

March 21st, 2011, 1:04 am #4

they are soooo many different changes going on in the early weeks. One day you'll wake up and not feel PG at all and the next day or day after you're back in full swing. I would not read anything into symptoms that subside. Unless you have symptoms that raise flags such as bleeding or severe pain or fever, stuff like that...I would not worry much about subsiding PG twinges.
I wasn't pregnant anymore at about 8 wks. She did a quick u/s and there they were. whew What a relief.

----------------------------

I've got all I'll ever need thanks to the Keeper of the Stars.

March 21st, 2011, 1:08 am #5

You will feel different all the time....You really cannot tell just by 'feel' if it's OK. Probably your uterus is settling down while the fetus grows.

If you are really super stressed (later on) you could get a heart rate monitor for your home. But the problem is that too much stuff like that is bad for the fetus--too many ultrasounds, e.g.

http://www.parenttime.com/babyarticles/ ... ppler.html

You'd have to have a LOT of willpower not to check up on him/her until you start to feel movement because of the danger of too many ultrasounds.

You are OK, I would bet my life on it. Don't worry.

wt
wt

March 21st, 2011, 3:06 am #6

I hope everything's okay with you. Like the others said, it sounds completely normal but I know how scary it is, being so close but feeling like you could lose it any time. I'm about 7 weeks along but I feel like I did some really risky things today and I'm a little worried. I've been wanting to go for a hike out of town for a while and it's a three day weekend here and I had a friend who wanted to do the same trip so it seemed like the perfect opportunity. Well, we're out in the middle of rural Colombia and stop at a farmhouse restaurant to eat, with its own chickens and vegetable gardens, etc. and I get some local cheese and ate two huge chunks before it occurred to me that it might not be pasteurized! My friend thought it probably wasn't. So, that was the first thing, then we do the hike and I realize that I'm at a much higher altitude than Bogota, which is already really high, so that's the second thing. And then it's just a really hard work-out, going straight up. Anyway, I've been feeling a little crampy this evening. No sign of food poisoning or mc but the whole thing just makes me nervous and feel like kicking myself for taking unnecessary chances! At least I have an u/s on Tuesday so I'll know for sure soon but grrrrrr.

Dee
Dee

March 21st, 2011, 3:21 am #7

During the 2WW, I ate an egg dish, and got sick from it, very sick. It may have been salmonella.

March 21st, 2011, 5:49 am #8

Hi Dee,
One minute you will feel like you are not pg then next minute be racing to the toilet every ten mins. ON the days I didn't feel pg I just got on with things normally knowing that any minute things could change.
On days when your symptoms are absent don't over do it because if you do then things return with a vengence e.g. the tiredness will wipe you out like a big wave, take care, TH

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

March 21st, 2011, 1:25 pm #9

I hope everything's okay with you. Like the others said, it sounds completely normal but I know how scary it is, being so close but feeling like you could lose it any time. I'm about 7 weeks along but I feel like I did some really risky things today and I'm a little worried. I've been wanting to go for a hike out of town for a while and it's a three day weekend here and I had a friend who wanted to do the same trip so it seemed like the perfect opportunity. Well, we're out in the middle of rural Colombia and stop at a farmhouse restaurant to eat, with its own chickens and vegetable gardens, etc. and I get some local cheese and ate two huge chunks before it occurred to me that it might not be pasteurized! My friend thought it probably wasn't. So, that was the first thing, then we do the hike and I realize that I'm at a much higher altitude than Bogota, which is already really high, so that's the second thing. And then it's just a really hard work-out, going straight up. Anyway, I've been feeling a little crampy this evening. No sign of food poisoning or mc but the whole thing just makes me nervous and feel like kicking myself for taking unnecessary chances! At least I have an u/s on Tuesday so I'll know for sure soon but grrrrrr.
but wouldn't beat yourself up too much about this. What I have done whenever I've felt like I've exerted myself too much - I go straight to lay down for as long as possible the remainder of the day. Maybe it's completely unnecessary but psychologically it makes me feel better.

wt
wt

March 21st, 2011, 6:07 pm #10

We are having a very, very mellow day today. The little one is watching waaay more tv than usual and we not doing anything energetic.