Do you find DE agencies to be unprofessional?

Do you find DE agencies to be unprofessional?

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 13th, 2010, 1:37 pm #1

When I send emails it takes days to get a response and sometimes they dont at all. My questions are not answered most of the time. I am so upset by this and not sure how to handle. Has anyone else had the same thing happen?

November 13th, 2010, 1:43 pm #2

Sorry but I have loved my DE agency...great service and prompt replies. We are not in the same city and have had a few Skype meetings. They even were honest and revised an invoice in my favor. I'm sorry that yours isn't as amazing. Perhaps they are not the one for you. My Fairy Godmother has been great.

Good luck with your journey.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 13th, 2010, 3:03 pm #3

When I send emails it takes days to get a response and sometimes they dont at all. My questions are not answered most of the time. I am so upset by this and not sure how to handle. Has anyone else had the same thing happen?
Yes, it happened to me.
In the end I gave up on them and signed up with several clinic agencies.

Anon for this
Anon for this

November 13th, 2010, 4:01 pm #4

Yes, most of them are terrible. I'll tell you when they are particularly non-responsive - when you inquire about a donor who is popular (a lot of intended parents want to cycle with her). If you inquire about a donor who has been on the site for some time with no bites (use your own imagination as to the various reasons some donors are less popular than others), they'll email you back. It's all about business for them.

November 13th, 2010, 5:47 pm #5

I did have success, but did find the experience of dealing with several agencies appalling. I cannot believe that there are so many unprofessional businesses out there addressing such a critically sensitive endeavor. One agency removed information about one donor who was on medication for depression. When I called to find out why that information was removed from her profile, at first they denied it, then, when I emailed the pdf file with the information right from their Web site their excuse for the information having been removed was that interns had been working on the database!! I was shocked that the manager thought that an excuse--why on earth were interns handling this information in the first place, let alone making such a critical error and then giving false and lame explanations.

The agency I used nearly sabotaged my cycle due to sheer incompetence. Finally, my donor and I began to communicate and saved the situation from complete breakdown. Awful, awful experience, and the manager there was grandiose (crazy woman) and full of excuses (and even accusations!).

I wish you luck. I dug in my heels and dealt with the crap (nearly losing my mind in the process) and was very fortunate that things worked out so beautifully in the end.

November 13th, 2010, 10:38 pm #6

...although I've certainly heard many horror stories from others. I used Renew/Global Egg Donors, and I thought they were not only professional, but very caring and committed people who I now consider friends.

Maya

Nona
Nona

November 14th, 2010, 12:37 am #7

One agency that I contacted, over the phone, the receptionist was rude and unhelpful. She just kept correcting me about something I stated, without giving me the information I wanted. I hung up. Then a while later, decided to go with an independent donor. I figure that agency lost about ten grand because of a bitchy receptionist.

Catherine
Catherine

November 14th, 2010, 10:30 am #8

But this was in South Africa (Gift ov Life). I thought they were extremely professional and responsive.