Did anyone use Dr. Braverman for immune testing?

Did anyone use Dr. Braverman for immune testing?

Violet
Violet

May 22nd, 2012, 11:35 am #1

What were your experiences with him. I can drive to NY to meet him and the lab he uses is in my home state so we might get insurance to cover testing if it's local.
Does anyone have any experience?
Thanks!
Violet

May 23rd, 2012, 5:02 am #2

check the over 40 & high fsh boards. I've seen his name come up. Do board searches, including here, & you will find much more info.

Violet
Violet

May 23rd, 2012, 2:50 pm #3

What were your experiences with him. I can drive to NY to meet him and the lab he uses is in my home state so we might get insurance to cover testing if it's local.
Thanks!
Violet
I will do some more searching. I appreciate your support.

May 23rd, 2012, 3:28 pm #4

Thanks!
Violet
I have not done any immune stuff except a pretty decent RPL panel but I am thinking of doing an immune consult w Braverman and/or Beers Center.

I will let you know what I find out. But if you beat me to it I would love to get some feedback from you.

For me, I need a rest from all of this and these immune panels sound expensive and time consuming. Not exactly relaxing. On the other hand, intellectually I can't stand the idea of not knowing what went wrong. And my RE at SG doesn't think anything is wrong.

Easy for him to say when he has not failed 3 DE cycles.

I hope you are doing ok. And I hope your DH is feeling better after his surgery.

May 23rd, 2012, 3:50 pm #5

Thanks!
Violet
I also have a good friend that is pregnant after seeing him. I have already done a basic immune/RPL/clotting panel with no obvious red flags but his diagnostics are more comprehensive.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

May 23rd, 2012, 4:27 pm #6

Thanks!
Violet
It is the Yahoo Reproductive Immunolgy Group. Many women within this group see him and others. If you have not checked it out before...you really should. these ladies know it all.

http://health.dir.groups.yahoo.com/grou ... =dir&slk=3

Violet
Violet

May 24th, 2012, 1:10 am #7

Thanks!
Violet
Your advice is helpful. I made an appt with him as it was a month away. This gives me time to talk to my RE and regroup.

My only concern is the cost of the tests, etc but I also don't want to keep walking down a path that is uninformed,

Thanks
Violet

Violet
Violet

May 24th, 2012, 1:16 am #8

I have not done any immune stuff except a pretty decent RPL panel but I am thinking of doing an immune consult w Braverman and/or Beers Center.

I will let you know what I find out. But if you beat me to it I would love to get some feedback from you.

For me, I need a rest from all of this and these immune panels sound expensive and time consuming. Not exactly relaxing. On the other hand, intellectually I can't stand the idea of not knowing what went wrong. And my RE at SG doesn't think anything is wrong.

Easy for him to say when he has not failed 3 DE cycles.

I hope you are doing ok. And I hope your DH is feeling better after his surgery.
I understand you need a break. Take what you need. I need one too.
No more doctors for awhile, right.
I am curious to see what my re says tomorrow. Probably the same as yours.
I can keep you posted.
We hear he news about DHs surgery early next week so thanks for asking.

Violet
Violet

May 24th, 2012, 1:19 am #9

I also have a good friend that is pregnant after seeing him. I have already done a basic immune/RPL/clotting panel with no obvious red flags but his diagnostics are more comprehensive.
Thanks for your response. Do you have any idea of costs of testing based on your friend? I wonder if insurance will pay.
We have done basic panels too and you are right...we will get more info from him.
Thanks

Violet
Violet

May 24th, 2012, 1:19 am #10

It is the Yahoo Reproductive Immunolgy Group. Many women within this group see him and others. If you have not checked it out before...you really should. these ladies know it all.

http://health.dir.groups.yahoo.com/grou ... =dir&slk=3
Thanks, Dee. Such a helpful site. How are you?