Did anyone use CCRM's pepcid and claritan cocktail? (Miscarriage mentioned)

Did anyone use CCRM's pepcid and claritan cocktail? (Miscarriage mentioned)

Violet
Violet

April 19th, 2012, 6:17 pm #1

I have been reading about it and wonder if I should give it a try.
I have had two MC with OE. We had only one tested and that had chromosomal abnormalities.

Thanks,
Violet

sugar
sugar

April 20th, 2012, 1:36 pm #2

I have not heard of this before so I have nothing to offer but am curious to learn more about this cocktail.

Violet
Violet

April 20th, 2012, 5:41 pm #3

Thanks, Sugar. I would love to hear from anyone if you have used it.

hopeful7608
hopeful7608

April 21st, 2012, 12:41 pm #4

I have had two MC with OE. We had only one tested and that had chromosomal abnormalities.

Thanks,
Violet
I used it last time with DE FET and had initial positive beta of 36 which did not progress which was better than the total negative that I had with our fresh transfer of 2 "perfect embryos" that was completely negative. It is prednisone 10 mg, Claritin 10 mg, and Pepcid twice daily started a couple days before transfer. We just did another FET and are in that dreaded 2WW so we will see if it works this time. We did also add intralipids this time as well. I do have ulcerative colitis and a positive ANA but my RE does not buy the they whole immunology theory but let me do it because I insisted and figured it could not hurt.

April 21st, 2012, 3:21 pm #5

So curious about how it would help with immune issues, which immune issues, etc.

Anonymous
Anonymous

April 21st, 2012, 3:56 pm #6

Thanks,
Violet
They did not recommend this at all. Yes I have had several transfers elsewhere that were either m/c or chemicals or BFNs (CCRM noted that I had tx LOTS of embryos). I had done immune testing positive for several things so had done IVIg and intralipids in the past with failed cycles, so it isn't like I was an immune-issue novice. I wanted to have the same donor so switched clinics to CCRM.

But no extraordinary treatments this time, and no pepcid/claritin, and I was not willing to self medicate against protocol. Had success with a SET (in the past had been tx 2 or 3). In late third trimester now.

April 21st, 2012, 6:06 pm #7

So curious about how it would help with immune issues, which immune issues, etc.
Those meds help tame inflamation so it could help. Again, some folks and RE's look at it with the mindset of "why not try it because it couldn't hurt?" . Personally I think that is the way my RE thinks about intralipids which I have down for several cycles now. That is just comprised of fat from chicken eggs, so unless you have an egg allergy, how could it hurt? (I happen to be vegetarian, almost vegan and I hardly ever eat chicken eggs, but I will overlook it for this. I will also overlook the fact that my Lovenox comes from pig intestines. You have to do what you have to do sometimes!)

Violet
Violet

April 22nd, 2012, 2:18 pm #8

Thanks,
Violet
Thanks for all of your responses. I have been thinking about trying it/talking about it with my RE. I am not able to do the pepcid as I have IBS and don't think that is the best thing to take. I also have asthma so I think that the Claritin will help. I already take it only when I am desperate in the springtime.

Thanks everyone.

Violet
Violet

April 22nd, 2012, 2:21 pm #9

I used it last time with DE FET and had initial positive beta of 36 which did not progress which was better than the total negative that I had with our fresh transfer of 2 "perfect embryos" that was completely negative. It is prednisone 10 mg, Claritin 10 mg, and Pepcid twice daily started a couple days before transfer. We just did another FET and are in that dreaded 2WW so we will see if it works this time. We did also add intralipids this time as well. I do have ulcerative colitis and a positive ANA but my RE does not buy the they whole immunology theory but let me do it because I insisted and figured it could not hurt.
Did you take all meds through to the beta? I wonder if it would work if I only took some of them. How does the pepcid work with your ulcerative colitis?
I hope your FET works.

Not sure that my RE is going to go for this. If I really feel that something is important, he will let me try but not sure I am sold yet.

Thinking of you and hope your FET is a +. Are you at CCRM?
Violet