Details on immune issues

Details on immune issues

Anonymous
Anonymous

August 31st, 2010, 5:34 pm #1

My RE has suggested testing for immune issues and was curious if anyone has hands ons experience with it. I have children from a previous marriage, ages 24, 18, and 10, and had a fresh transfer of two very good blasts this year. First beta was low, 26, with the next one a 19. Just don't understand why my body rejected the blasts when I have gotten pg so easily in the past.
Thanks for any info anyone can provide, thinking about trying again but too scared!!

Ariadne
Ariadne

September 1st, 2010, 1:26 am #2

I really recommend Beer's book. Even if you decide not to do all of the testing or if you rule out some of the treatments as too expensive or too controversial, the book provides an overview of the issues & will help you in plotting your path.

Orchid
Orchid

September 1st, 2010, 5:53 am #3

My RE has suggested testing for immune issues and was curious if anyone has hands ons experience with it. I have children from a previous marriage, ages 24, 18, and 10, and had a fresh transfer of two very good blasts this year. First beta was low, 26, with the next one a 19. Just don't understand why my body rejected the blasts when I have gotten pg so easily in the past.
Thanks for any info anyone can provide, thinking about trying again but too scared!!
I don't know...is it always immune issues when your beta doesn't double and things don't go forward?

I know the DE is supposed to create great eggs--but people do have multiple tries on here so it certainly seems possible it is egg quality. Even with a good blast, things can go wrong? They do so often even in young women.

Ariadne
Ariadne

September 1st, 2010, 2:19 pm #4

Embryo quality - egg or sperm - is usually behind cycle failures, I think. A study done several years ago found that approximately 50% of embryos in DE cycles are abnormal, & perfect looking embryos can be abnormal. I'm not sure if there are any newer studies. I would imagine so, but I'm past the research stage at this point.

Still, some of have had to go looking for further answers. The addition of baby aspirin & a short course of steroids seems standard at many clinics, but in my observation, those of us who had to do the more comprehensive testing & controversial treatments are in the minority. As cycle failures mount, though, it is something to consider.

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 4th, 2010, 4:25 am #5

Thanks so much for everyone's thoughts! Gives me something to think about.