dd has been sick

dd has been sick

June 30th, 2015, 2:27 am #1

Hi ladies, I hope all of you are doing great including your children. My dd has been vomiting and had high fever. Started when we were in state, come here and still she was sick. I spent going back and forth to sick kids hospital. Now she is better, but she totally refused formulas, zero amount for three days. Other type of food and water very small quantify. I just came from her doctor for an acne type she has on her jaws. She will start next week a daycare. We went in today for visit. Honestly, I didn't like it. I am worrying a lot. I don't think kids had attentions from the adult.no communications from the adult or play. Most of the kids sat alone or played alone except one. It was snack time and babies had their food on the tray. Most of them don't know how to eat. They played with it and threw the snack on the floor. My dd doesn't even eat while I am feeding her. I play and trick her. I hope I made the right decision.
Bye

June 30th, 2015, 2:29 pm #2

If you're not comfortable with the day care, do you have other options? Take care, Maggie (in VA)

June 30th, 2015, 9:51 pm #3

I had another appointment with a university daycare as option two, but that morning we were at sick kids and never made to the appointment. I prefer this daycare since is walking distance. I worry more about dd's health and not drinking. The doctor said to give a drink called pedia... but she refused. What do I do? I don't know how I will go back to work even part time. I can't even take care of my self. There is a neighbour of mine she has two boys the youngest one around 2 something. She works long hours. I don't know how she does.I want to be friend with her t
At leastto get advices. I called her and she didn't respond. I left her voice mail. Do I knock her door? If dd is normal I can handle but when things go wrong.. I am wreck.

Thanks

July 1st, 2015, 1:56 pm #4

I forget how old your DD is, but if she will be in the infant room the caregivers should record when and how much she is drinking on a daily report. You can also talk to the caregivers to get a first hand account on how she is doing. If they don't communicate with you about her well-being that would be a sign to move elsewhere.

Is there any way you can delay returning to work for a week or 2 until you feel her health is better?

July 1st, 2015, 5:27 pm #5

I stayed their for two hours. I heard them say: what do I writ for ....? The other lady respond "just write something". So I don't know. I worry more about her health, no eating, no drinking, no pee. And the hospital keep sending me home saying give her with syringe every 5minutes. It is battle. I am thinking to take her to hospital today again. Have you seen kid avoiding everything? My dd is 9month going to be 10 in couple days.

July 1st, 2015, 6:35 pm #6

I wouldn't have a good feeling about that place either.

I would either call her pediatrician for advice or take her to the hospital if she isn't drinking. If you take her in make sure they do a blood test for dehydration.

My DD avoided drinking after she had her tonsils out and I had to force fluids on her. Another time, when she was younger, she stopped drinking for seemingly no apparent reason and became dehydrated. She was hospitalized that time. While we were in the hospital getting IV fluids she got diarrhea. I don't know if the IV fluids cause it or if she had a stomach virus (though I lean toward stomach virus since that explains the non-drinking), but either way she started drinking again before we left the hospital.

July 2nd, 2015, 6:29 am #7

But she drink only water in small amount, much better than before. Her face look better but still not a single diaper was wet. I will see again if I have to take her to my doctor. Thank you so much sharing your experiences. I wonder if my dd will ever drink milk, she totally screams when she hears milk or see it's bottles. Thank you so much

July 2nd, 2015, 4:32 pm #8

When you say "not a single diaper was wet" how long since the last wet one? The rule of thumb is more than 6-8 hours is a sign of dehydration. I've let mine kids go longer than that as long as they are taking in some fluids.

Also, if she is eating foods, have you tried giving her something wet like applesauce to supplement the water?

July 3rd, 2015, 3:06 am #9

Thank you so much for you time, advice and even willing to help. I see sign of dehydration like her lips are dry. But today, she took the bottle and when I wanted to help her she screams, and cry. It could be that the water had little coconut water mix. Then I started using the syringe I was given to give her water. Today she had again little water but still not enough in my opinion. Here the doctors keep saying give her in syringes. I have appointment tomorrow with a doctor. And the daycare I have better feeling. There was this other lady and she was so great with the infants. She even fed my dd. My dd hardly ate or drink for the last two weeks. I am very concerned. I will update you tomorrow
Thank you

July 3rd, 2015, 3:08 am #10

When you say "not a single diaper was wet" how long since the last wet one? The rule of thumb is more than 6-8 hours is a sign of dehydration. I've let mine kids go longer than that as long as they are taking in some fluids.

Also, if she is eating foods, have you tried giving her something wet like applesauce to supplement the water?
Thank you so much for you time, advice and even willing to help. I see sign of dehydration like her lips are dry. But today, she took the bottle and when I wanted to help her she screams, and cry. It could be that the water had little coconut water mix. Then I started using the syringe I was given to give her water. Today she had again little water but still not enough in my opinion. Here the doctors keep saying give her in syringes. I have appointment tomorrow with a doctor. And the daycare I have better feeling. There was this other lady and she was so great with the infants. She even fed my dd. My dd hardly ate or drink for the last two weeks. I am very concerned. I will update you tomorrow
Thank you