Day 4 of stims... Donors meds had to be increased...

Day 4 of stims... Donors meds had to be increased...

K
K

June 3rd, 2011, 10:43 pm #1

Nurse said not to worry as she has way over 20 follicles right now. Said they're just haven't taken off yet. She said they started her at a super low dose but now they're increasing it to normal dose. Should I be worried??? Ugh it's never easy.....

June 4th, 2011, 12:30 am #2

Are they telling you the size of the follicles and what dosage they have her on?

K
K

June 4th, 2011, 12:39 am #3

She just said there were so very many. She also said they started her on the lowest dose they give. Now they're increasing her to normal dose. They didn't tell me any sizes. I'll ask, but now o have to wait until Monday. this is so stressful. She started her meds tuesday night so she's taken 3 doses of meds... Nurse said the Lupron could supress. She said it's not a big deal probably just another day or 2 of meds at higher dose. I'm stressed!!!

ALM
ALM

June 4th, 2011, 3:49 pm #4

Nurse said not to worry as she has way over 20 follicles right now. Said they're just haven't taken off yet. She said they started her at a super low dose but now they're increasing it to normal dose. Should I be worried??? Ugh it's never easy.....
Some folks just grow slower, I've noticed that. Hang in there. This looks very promising! I'm right behind you. My donor starts meds on Tuesday so I'll have a report soon. The holding pattern is awful, but boy we are both close!

K
K

June 5th, 2011, 4:00 am #5

Do follicles grow slow?????

marie
marie

June 5th, 2011, 9:21 pm #6

I would not worry, but I know it's hard not too. I was freaking out when my donor did this--slow start and they upped the meds a little. She exploded with follicles in then end, although she retrieved late, day 17 I believe. I got 23 embryos and 15 high quality blasts out of my cycle.
I frankly didn't believe them when they said it would be fine. I think we forget sometimes that these are, generally, healthy women with healthy eggs.
Good luck.

June 5th, 2011, 10:25 pm #7

and they started her out low. She took 3-4 days longer to stim than was expected. However, they said that she had the best quality eggs that they had seen in awhile. She produced 24 mature follicles. We got half. Both myself and the other recipient were successful. I had 7 frozen (6@ 2pn and one day 3). We thawed those and 6 went to blast. We transferred two and are now pg. with twins. We still have some frozen. The other recipient has not attempted an FET yet. However, just from that one cycle, there are already 4 children and possibly more. BTW, she was almost 33 and had an FSH of 10, but had a good resting count.

I think you will have an outstanding cycle.

K
K

June 6th, 2011, 12:41 am #8

I would not worry, but I know it's hard not too. I was freaking out when my donor did this--slow start and they upped the meds a little. She exploded with follicles in then end, although she retrieved late, day 17 I believe. I got 23 embryos and 15 high quality blasts out of my cycle.
I frankly didn't believe them when they said it would be fine. I think we forget sometimes that these are, generally, healthy women with healthy eggs.
Good luck.
Thank you! I need to hear someone who's had experience with this.. Nt

K
K

June 6th, 2011, 12:43 am #9

and they started her out low. She took 3-4 days longer to stim than was expected. However, they said that she had the best quality eggs that they had seen in awhile. She produced 24 mature follicles. We got half. Both myself and the other recipient were successful. I had 7 frozen (6@ 2pn and one day 3). We thawed those and 6 went to blast. We transferred two and are now pg. with twins. We still have some frozen. The other recipient has not attempted an FET yet. However, just from that one cycle, there are already 4 children and possibly more. BTW, she was almost 33 and had an FSH of 10, but had a good resting count.

I think you will have an outstanding cycle.
Wow! Amazing cycle!!! Thanks for posting....... Nt