Daily affirmations (pg/mc mentioned)

Daily affirmations (pg/mc mentioned)

April 12th, 2012, 2:55 pm #1

A few days ago, Violet gave me the great idea of writing some healthy pregnancy affirmations.. It instantly struck me that this was something I needed to do, but I put it off until today. This morning, when I woke up and realized my breasts weren't hurting as much as they have been over the past two weeks, I immediately thought, 'Oh my God, I've lost the baby... I need to go get another beta or an ultrasound or something to put my mind at ease'. After a little self-analyzing, I also realized that NOTHING is going to put my mind at ease. I could get betas and ultrasounds every day for the next 9 months and I STILL wouldn't be worry-free... I find myself constantly searching for signs this is not working or something is wrong and what I've finally come to realize is that I don't really believe this will work.

Obviously, I need to change that thinking once and for all. I absolutely believe in the power of the mind and I know that positive affirmations can make a difference.. So here's what I now have taped to my bathroom mirror:

For the baby:

Good morning, my beautiful baby.
Every day I love you more,
Every day you grow stronger, healthier, and more beautiful.
Every day, I send you comfort and love and security.
My energy gives you strength and your energy gives ME strength.

For me:

I am happy, I am healthy, and I am pregnant.
My body is beautiful, it is capable, and it is strong.
It is perfectly designed to nourish my baby,
And it is perfectly designed to give birth to my baby.
I am thankful and I am blessed.
There is nothing to fear.

Hugs to you all.
Leigh
Last edited by leigh74 on April 12th, 2012, 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 12th, 2012, 3:13 pm #2

BRILLIANT

CrazyLady
CrazyLady

April 12th, 2012, 4:56 pm #3

A few days ago, Violet gave me the great idea of writing some healthy pregnancy affirmations.. It instantly struck me that this was something I needed to do, but I put it off until today. This morning, when I woke up and realized my breasts weren't hurting as much as they have been over the past two weeks, I immediately thought, 'Oh my God, I've lost the baby... I need to go get another beta or an ultrasound or something to put my mind at ease'. After a little self-analyzing, I also realized that NOTHING is going to put my mind at ease. I could get betas and ultrasounds every day for the next 9 months and I STILL wouldn't be worry-free... I find myself constantly searching for signs this is not working or something is wrong and what I've finally come to realize is that I don't really believe this will work.

Obviously, I need to change that thinking once and for all. I absolutely believe in the power of the mind and I know that positive affirmations can make a difference.. So here's what I now have taped to my bathroom mirror:

For the baby:

For me:

Hugs to you all.
Leigh
Made me cry... thank you

Violet
Violet

April 12th, 2012, 4:56 pm #4

For the baby:

For me:

Hugs to you all.
Leigh
Wow! I am impressed! Before I read this, I was feeling the doubt of our upcoming cycle creeping in and I thought, I need to write an affirmation.

Yours is so powerful. I just love it.
Violet

April 12th, 2012, 7:03 pm #5

For the baby:

For me:

Hugs to you all.
Leigh
Love this!!

demomone
demomone

April 12th, 2012, 8:46 pm #6

For the baby:

For me:

Hugs to you all.
Leigh
and I hope all goes smoothly for you and your baby.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

April 12th, 2012, 9:17 pm #7

For the baby:

For me:

Hugs to you all.
Leigh
Love this!! nt

Hope2009
Hope2009

April 13th, 2012, 2:54 am #8

For the baby:

For me:

Hugs to you all.
Leigh
on your very strong pgcy, and your positive messages that you are sending to your baby and to yourself. I hang mostly on the pink board but I love to come back to the yellow as it takes me 'right back' to the time before our little ones came to earth.

Years ago, when I was still ttc naturally..whatever that is...I would listen to Dr. Wayne Dyer's many inspiring cd's as I drove around....seems like so much of my life has been spent in our car. Anyway, after listening to the power of intention...and getting in the gap to name a few, I decided that I needed to shift my thinking and also start a daily mantra.

Back than I would say, 'I am strong, healthy and fertile'...and while I wasn't able to conceive using my own eggs...I felt that I was fertile nontheless as I was in the act of creating..I still say this mantra even though I'm over 50 now...I feel more fertile now than ever before b/c I'm constantly in the process of growing something, whether it is building a nice healthy body, or dividing my strawberries in the garden and watching them grow. Also, seeing our children grow, I know that they came from rich ground that marinaded them in love long before they even came to earth. They were my soulbabies and although they weren't physically with me...I never gave up on believing that they would come to earth.

I have many mantras...but my favourite one of all time is, 'all shall be well, all shall be well, and all shall be well with my soul.' Whenever fear over comes me, I recite that mantra and take some slow deep breaths and I know that things always work out...being able to believe this even in the darkest times is very powerful...so much so that when I finally got pg with our son I just knew that I would hold that moment in my heart forever and if I was ever in that dark place again, I could pull out this moment and joy and relive it over and over.

It's hard early on in our pgcies when the pg symptoms come and go...and especially if you have experienced losses then you probably will be feeling your breasts several times a day and always holding your breath when you use the washroom for fear of seeing a colour that you don't ever want to see again...it's normal but your mantras are powerful and they will lift you up and also strengthen your baby...good for you. This is the time to rejoice so try to push down the fear and just bask in the goodness of the moment...it's all good and you and your baby are going to be great.

Blessings from Hope

April 13th, 2012, 4:17 am #9

For the baby:

For me:

Hugs to you all.
Leigh
Hi,
I love the affirmations. Its a great idea. Because we know exactly when we conceive its a long pregnancy. If you are a worrier then that means almost 9 months of worrying.
Before I got pg I'd never had a positive on a POAS. The minute I got one the worry halted. I thought I had trouble getting pg not staying pg so my worry is over (logical or illogical who cares). My sister always told me 'once you get a baby started then the life force is very strong and they are there until they come out (are born)'. I kept that in my sights at all times and it provided me with comfort.

Do not worry about painful breasts coming and going - this is totally normal. Your breasts have to 'rewire' for pregnancy. They get to a certain point and then settle down... but hahah they keep rewiring and so get painful again. Wear a really good bra with strong support and also wear a bra to bed (no underwire) - these two things combined should see far less breast pain. I did this and was set, best to you, THK

April 13th, 2012, 7:06 am #10

For the baby:

For me:

Hugs to you all.
Leigh
I have a mantra too, although a lot different than yours being so early in the piece for me...

"Any child that I carry will be MY child. I will have a genetic stamp on my future baby and I will be a great mum!"

I'm so hopeful for you. I know this must be an awful wait, but try to be as stress free as possible!

Hugs to you!