D&C question

D&C question

Maggie
Maggie

December 1st, 2011, 1:06 pm #1

How much bleeding should i have following a D&C? I just had it done yesterday and there was some spotting which they told me to expect. The Dr. Said not to be worried if I bled a good bit this morning, that it would be totally normal. So, I got up and there is virtually no bleeding. With all this Ashermans talk lately I'm a little nervous.

demomone
demomone

December 1st, 2011, 1:19 pm #2

Sorry about what you going through.
I have had several of them and it really varies..so do not worry.
Just some advice, before you cylce again, please have them take a close look (HSG) to confirm that you have no scarring from the D&C. Unfortunatley, I wasted an entire year and two cycles with OE after a D&C which left me with much scarring. I required surgery to correct my uterine environment but did get PG and delivered after that.
Good luck to you and hope you have success in the near future.

thesameboat
thesameboat

December 1st, 2011, 9:15 pm #3

How much bleeding should i have following a D&C? I just had it done yesterday and there was some spotting which they told me to expect. The Dr. Said not to be worried if I bled a good bit this morning, that it would be totally normal. So, I got up and there is virtually no bleeding. With all this Ashermans talk lately I'm a little nervous.
Just wanted to say I hope you're doing as well as possible. (( ))

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

December 2nd, 2011, 2:51 am #4

My D & C for my missed m/c was 5 yrs ago and I remember not having alot of bleeding. I had some light cramping for 1-2 days. This was my intro to IF and I have had 4 other natural m/c's since this first and for me a natural m/c involves a lot of blood ranging from 10-14 days w/ alot of cramping and very unpleasant.

I do not have a hx of Asherman's so I wanted to let you know that little bleeding after a D & C can be normal.

I am glad you got through your D & C and can continue to heal.

Hugs,

FB

December 2nd, 2011, 5:11 am #5

The endometrial lining has just been scraped out so there isn't anything there to bleed and usually you just have at most a little spotting for a couple of days. After that, you may have a fuller flow like a period for a few days, or, nothing at all. It doesn't mean Asherman's has developed. If, a couple of months following a D&C, you find that you aren't getting periods or just some spotting or light flow and that's not normal for you, THEN you can start to wonder about Asherman's.

December 2nd, 2011, 10:20 am #6

I agree with BBG because my experience was that I had some light bleeding and spotting after the D&C and then no bleed for three months. I guess my lining took a while to build back up again. Although I had AF symptoms cramps etc around the time AF should have showed but it was three months in before AF came back to normal. I think 3 months was unusual but still I didn't have Asherman's so even if AF doesn't return to normal for a few months, don't panic but yes do get it checked out.

Thinking of you Maggie.