Czech Republic vs. Spain

Czech Republic vs. Spain

May 9th, 2012, 6:21 am #1

Hello,

I am currently trying to decide whether to go to the Czech Republic or Spain for IVF/donor egg. I'm narrowing in on Reprogenesis in Brno and UR Vistahermosa in Alicante. Has anyone had any experience with either of these clinics? I desperately need some feedback and advice.

Thanks.

Alleyk

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 9th, 2012, 7:37 am #2

Take a look at BCN IVF in Barcelona. Wonderful Wonderful clinic!!

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 9th, 2012, 7:40 am #3

And I have also heard good things about Serum in Greece---especially if there are immune issues:)

May 9th, 2012, 8:49 am #4

Hello,

I am currently trying to decide whether to go to the Czech Republic or Spain for IVF/donor egg. I'm narrowing in on Reprogenesis in Brno and UR Vistahermosa in Alicante. Has anyone had any experience with either of these clinics? I desperately need some feedback and advice.

Thanks.

Alleyk
Because it is so new, there is not much info. on success rates etc. for Reprogenesis. I have a friend who is currently pg via Vista Hermosa.

The best place for info. and support if Fertility Friends which has threads for both clinics with people who are currently cycling.

As you are aware, both clinics only use basic phenotype matching with no information about the donors which may or may not be an issue for you and future children.

Here are links to Fertility Friends,

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum ... oard=347.0

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum ... oard=356.0

Best of luck,
Daisy
xx
Last edited by loochieuk on May 9th, 2012, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

May 9th, 2012, 1:40 pm #5

Have you already ruled out CRM Zlin and Reprofit, sister clinics in the Czech Republic? I ask, because they have really well-developed support networks for foreign patients. You don't say whether you are in the UK, although I'm suspecting yes, because you mention Spain, and far fewer U.S. ladies go there than the Czech Republic and Ukraine.

One consideration is age. If you are over 45, I would be hesitant to go the Czech Republic as they have passed a law restricting treatment to ages 49 and 364 days and younger. So, if you're over 45 and have a singleton, which is optimal, you're under a certain amount of pressure to go back for a sibling, if you have frosties, before you age out. I think most Spanish clinics have age limits of around 50, though, too. If age is a consideration, I would consider Intersono in Ukraine.

I have twins from a cycle at CRM Zlin, which is where more U.S. patients go as a couple in this country started a fertility travel coordination business, ivfvacation.com, that made it very easy to travel there and avoid the waiting lists at Reprofit. I think most women coordinate directly with the clinic these days. There are inexpensive non-stop flights from Stansted and Luton to Brno, so more British women go to Reprofit, which is in theory geared more toward foreign patients, but CRM Zlin just opened its own hotel to serve its clients, so that's changing. Most U.S. CRM patients fly into Vienna or Prague and either take the train or rent a car or arrange for a cab through the clinic or their hotel.

I agree with what Daisy said about the donor information, and that can be glossed over more easily in the contemplation than when you are looking at little children who will have to be told about their origins (for those of us who plan to tell).

If you're interested in CRM Zlin, there's a support forum called ivfzlin.ning.com.

Good luck!

Maggie (in VA)
Last edited by maggie1961 on May 9th, 2012, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dee
Dee

May 11th, 2012, 2:54 pm #6

Hello,

Thanks.

Alleyk
I cycled at Prague Fertility Centre. If you want info about it let me know.