Cycling overseas - question about buying drugs for cycle

Cycling overseas - question about buying drugs for cycle

Nona
Nona

November 28th, 2010, 8:01 pm #1

For those who have done an overseas cycle, how did you get your drugs?

I am doing a cycle in Czech Republic.

I am supposed to begin taking estradiol, Diphereline or Decapeptyl. My OB/GYN said he does not prescribe these drugs.

So, my DH thinks my General Practitioner can prescribe these drugs. He doesn't wish to get them from an RE, because we are paying out of pocket, and if we get them from a GP, they would be more likely covered by our insurance. He also seems to think a GP can do the sonogram scams that I need of the uterine lining. I have never heard of a GP who did sonograms in their office. I thought it was only done in an RE or OB/GYN's office.

It is possible our doctor in Czech Republic could mail us the drugs we need?

November 28th, 2010, 8:15 pm #2

Possibly the RE could mail the meds to you. Certainly he/she should give you the scripts you need to buy them. I bought some of mine from an overseas pharmacy to save money, and some from Schraft's (a division of Walgreen's) in the US, where I am.

I would probably not count on a GP for u/s. Their u/s machines will not be very sophisticated. You should find a local RE who is willing to monitor your bloods and u/s and who will fax these results stat to your ivf clinic in CR. An ob is second choice for the u/s. I've found that my RE doesn't like to do stat bloods, though, so you need to work this out.

GL.

E&H
E&H

November 29th, 2010, 1:51 am #3

I am supposed to begin taking estradiol, Diphereline or Decapeptyl. My OB/GYN said he does not prescribe these drugs.

So, my DH thinks my General Practitioner can prescribe these drugs. He doesn't wish to get them from an RE, because we are paying out of pocket, and if we get them from a GP, they would be more likely covered by our insurance. He also seems to think a GP can do the sonogram scams that I need of the uterine lining. I have never heard of a GP who did sonograms in their office. I thought it was only done in an RE or OB/GYN's office.

have you tried to order on line. ivfmeds.com - I think there are a few other places you can order on line also. Also, if you get a prescription from your RE abroad maybe you can fill the prescription at a pharmacy.

November 29th, 2010, 2:50 am #4

....and it went fine. We cycled in the Czech Republic and the RE at the clinic prescribed some meds that we ordered through IVFmeds.com. It went smooth and uneventful.

Hopefully it will work going through your GP. I don't know about doing a uterine scan through them. I wouldn't unless they've got lots of experience with it.

GL!

November 29th, 2010, 2:59 am #5

Hi Nona.  I cycled in Ukraine and the clinic that I worked with uses an Italian pharmacy for the medications.  They sent the prescription to the pharmacy (Pharmacia Cerrati I think is the name) and the pharmacy contacted me via e-mail and let me know prices etc.  I paid via credit card and the pharmacy mailed the meds to me.  One time it took about 10 days.  Another time it seemed to come really quickly (just a few days).  I also am pretty sure they were cheaper than what I would have paid here in the U.S.  For the ultrasounds, my ob/gyn sent me to a radiology center that is in my area.  My ob/gyn does not have equipment that is as good as the radiology center so they thought that would be best for lining check etc.  I doubt a GP would have equipment that is good enough for a lining check etc but you never know I guess until you ask.  Best of luck.

Pandora

Nona
Nona

November 29th, 2010, 3:24 am #6

....and it went fine. We cycled in the Czech Republic and the RE at the clinic prescribed some meds that we ordered through IVFmeds.com. It went smooth and uneventful.

Hopefully it will work going through your GP. I don't know about doing a uterine scan through them. I wouldn't unless they've got lots of experience with it.

GL!
thanks. Yeah, I don't think there's any way I would want a GP to do uterine scans. It just doesn't seem they would have the expertise for that.

I already checked out the ivf meds site. Do they need to get a faxed prescription from my RE in Czech Republic?

November 29th, 2010, 3:54 am #7

freegaragesale.com As far as US scans, you really need someone that has experience with IVF scans. I used a local fertility clinic until their US prices got too high. I went to my Peri's office once, but her tech was not experienced in checking for lining thickness. She did make ever effort and I also emailed her instructions from my clinic and sent examples from uterine lining scans online. For several of my US's I went to an OB's office that specializes in fertility, but not an RE. He has a nurse do the scans. Right before I was to fly to my clinic, she told me my lining was barely a 6 and that I should cancel this cycle. I was flying across the country the next morning. My clinic said to come and the would do I a scan when I got there. Long story short, my lining was 9 TL and I was successful. Even if it had really been a 6, I still believe I would have been successful.

Last edited by Kacee56 on November 29th, 2010, 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

November 29th, 2010, 5:25 am #8

...a UK pharmacy that specializes in international shipments. All the meds arrived by mail (to my address in the U.S.).

Maya

movingforwardhappily!
movingforwardhappily!

November 29th, 2010, 1:51 pm #9

is the one in the UK
Best
MFH

aw2006
aw2006

November 29th, 2010, 2:53 pm #10

My DRs (GP and RE) would not prescribe any of the drugs. I had to have them shipped from the CR. It was crazy.