Cycle cancelled again.

Cycle cancelled again.

Bharani
Bharani

October 1st, 2010, 7:45 pm #1

I don't know what to say. This time it is not from my side. I got an email saying she has to talk to me personally. I called and she said the donor is tested + for Hep B. Although at that time my respond was " I am unlucky person...". Now I am thinking how come it wasn't detected before, why they made me to start estrace even when I was told I had triple line,....etc

I don't know what to say. Do I have to be thankful and start again looking for a donor. If I only count my DE this is the 4th. One went to transfer but they were very very bad embroyos, you can say none but did transfer them. My DH is the one who is picky, me I just need the ONE that will give me my dream.
Sorry, I don't know what I am saying. Thanks ladies. I love you all. YOu are the only one know about my situation except dh.

October 1st, 2010, 8:30 pm #2

65% success rate is not too shabby.

The long and winding road to my children: 5 clomid IUI cycles, 5 natural IUI cycles, 7 injectable IUI cycles, 4 natural ICI cycles, 2 egg vitrification studies, 1 donor embryo cycle (success!), 3 HSGs, 2 SHGs, 3 hysteroscopies, 2 polypectomies, 1 endometrial biopsy, countless rendezvous with the DildoCam...I will spread my legs for anyone at this point! (disclaimer: the legs are officially staying closed from here on).

The third time is not the charm....the twenty-fourth time is.

October 1st, 2010, 8:33 pm #3

I don't know what to say. This time it is not from my side. I got an email saying she has to talk to me personally. I called and she said the donor is tested + for Hep B. Although at that time my respond was " I am unlucky person...". Now I am thinking how come it wasn't detected before, why they made me to start estrace even when I was told I had triple line,....etc

I don't know what to say. Do I have to be thankful and start again looking for a donor. If I only count my DE this is the 4th. One went to transfer but they were very very bad embroyos, you can say none but did transfer them. My DH is the one who is picky, me I just need the ONE that will give me my dream.
Sorry, I don't know what I am saying. Thanks ladies. I love you all. YOu are the only one know about my situation except dh.
That is very disheartening! I agree that they should have tested for Hep B way before now,

When you feel ready, I hope you find a wonderful donor who will help you create a beautiful family.

Best of luck, Sproutsoon

Bharani
Bharani

October 1st, 2010, 8:49 pm #4

Across my apt there is Italian restaurant, all you can eat. I went there after I posted my post. I ate two bowl of pasta and other things. I never ate food that much. I had to stop myself. thank you ladies.

ttc
ttc

October 1st, 2010, 8:51 pm #5

are you receiving info on your donor regarding past cycles ie: how may eggs produced, how many fertilized, what was transferred, was there a ++ that resulted in a healthy pregnancy? This does not pertain to this cycle, but it does to the past one you mentioned where you said there was poor quality.
I had my donor the first time out have an STD and we were not able to use her for at least a year, eventhough it would have been cleared up sooner than that. These situations are unfortunate, hoping you can regroup and decide what to do next. Do you have another donor in mind that is able to start ASAP. It would mean rescreening etc., but it may be worth it.

Let us know what you decide and again I am very soory!!
ttc

Anonymous
Anonymous

October 1st, 2010, 8:52 pm #6

65% success rate is not too shabby.

The long and winding road to my children: 5 clomid IUI cycles, 5 natural IUI cycles, 7 injectable IUI cycles, 4 natural ICI cycles, 2 egg vitrification studies, 1 donor embryo cycle (success!), 3 HSGs, 2 SHGs, 3 hysteroscopies, 2 polypectomies, 1 endometrial biopsy, countless rendezvous with the DildoCam...I will spread my legs for anyone at this point! (disclaimer: the legs are officially staying closed from here on).

The third time is not the charm....the twenty-fourth time is.

I don't know. I will talk to dh, if he agrees with me, to go to FairFax (GIVF ?) I forgot what they are called. Someone posted here that they have frozen eggs. Except that clinic they have someone that we know that works front desk. I don't know how we can go around that. It is not scret anymore. I have been married for 3 years and 2 month. All can know/think that we have difficulties.
Thanks

Bharani
Bharani

October 1st, 2010, 9:00 pm #7

are you receiving info on your donor regarding past cycles ie: how may eggs produced, how many fertilized, what was transferred, was there a ++ that resulted in a healthy pregnancy? This does not pertain to this cycle, but it does to the past one you mentioned where you said there was poor quality.
I had my donor the first time out have an STD and we were not able to use her for at least a year, eventhough it would have been cleared up sooner than that. These situations are unfortunate, hoping you can regroup and decide what to do next. Do you have another donor in mind that is able to start ASAP. It would mean rescreening etc., but it may be worth it.

Let us know what you decide and again I am very soory!!
ttc
This donor is her first time. The other one who didn't get period but the cycle started anyway didn't make good follicle. She was first time donor too. To be exact her follicles on day 14 on stim were 0.9 (4 of them). So, I cancelled I said if she didn't make bigger than 1.0 by this time. And I lost few thousands there both from the clinic and I lost also my monitoring fee here.
I am just thinking again I will lose my monitoring fee more than 2K now. Yes, I was told to look for a donor. But it has to start from the beginning.
Thank you TTC, I am down. But I think it is good that they told me also. How are you doing?

October 1st, 2010, 9:03 pm #8

Sweetie, you have had more than your fair share of bad luck! I'm so sorry. How frustrating this must be for you.

ttc
ttc

October 1st, 2010, 9:07 pm #9

This donor is her first time. The other one who didn't get period but the cycle started anyway didn't make good follicle. She was first time donor too. To be exact her follicles on day 14 on stim were 0.9 (4 of them). So, I cancelled I said if she didn't make bigger than 1.0 by this time. And I lost few thousands there both from the clinic and I lost also my monitoring fee here.
I am just thinking again I will lose my monitoring fee more than 2K now. Yes, I was told to look for a donor. But it has to start from the beginning.
Thank you TTC, I am down. But I think it is good that they told me also. How are you doing?
This is just my opinion, you do what you are comfortable with. If possible go with a young PROVEN donor. Someone under 28. Also are you able to see cycle results. If so, I always had my RE look at those before proceeding. For example if you have a donor that has donated 2 or 3 times, produced ample follies, good fertilizatioin, resulting in pregnancies and you see a consistency in her cycles there is a very good chance she will continue to produce well and have success. Why don't you run your next potential donor(s) stats by the ladies on this board before you decide on the donor.

Given some time I hope you regroup and regain your strenghth. This is a setback but your next cycle can be your successful one.

All the best,
ttc

Bharani
Bharani

October 1st, 2010, 9:53 pm #10

I just logged in their bank for donors. They rarely have what I want, there is one who had only one cycle and that cycle she made 6, 4 transfered but -ve. Born 87. How could very young person made that poor quality and quantity. She has very curly hair and she is brown. That is the only one I see there. I have to call dh and talk about it. I know he will so no.
Please know, I didn't go creazy because of you ladies. I come and talk with this screan, but behind it is you ladies. I depend on you ladies.

If dh says no to the one I told you. I have to wait. WHAT DO YOU THINK ONE TIME DONOR, BUT MADE VERY POOR. At least she knows the injections and the procedures. What do you say?
Thanks