Cycle a Bust

Cycle a Bust

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

July 27th, 2012, 8:35 pm #1

As promised, I am reporting on my cycle at RBA. To my shock frankly, it was a BFN. They thawed six eggs, two did not make the thaw and the four that were left were fertilized. All four made it to day 5 and I had a day 5 transfer of two great embies including one hatching blast. I had one embie frozen on day 5. The last embie did not make it. I had hoped and thought that at the very least I would get implantation as my last three own egg IVF's resulted in pregnancies. I have no idea how my old crappy eggs can implant but not that of a twenty-something year old. Especially a twice proven twenty-something year old. I even got eggs from the same batch that produced two pregnancies...one set of twins and one singleton. The only real issue I can see is that my transfer was not as smooth as I'm used to. My Dr. here is smooth and there has never been an issue. With this transfer they switched instruments at least twice and they were heated!! URGH!! I did not like it one bit but brushed it aside and hoped for the best. They did a mock transfer before hand but it was not on a guided u/s. Is taht normal? I have fibroids on the outside of my uterus and they were casting shadows and blocking the Dr.'s views. Then again, as I said above, my Dr here never had an issue and did something right becuase I almost always had implantation!! Of course, one never knows why things happen but RBA has a 70% success rate when putting back in two embies. I guess it just was not my turn.

Anyway, I will go back for my frostie later this year. Thanks for all of your well wishes and help over the past few months.

Violet
Violet

July 27th, 2012, 9:13 pm #2

Hi there,
I have been thinking about you every day and felt like it was your turn. Shoot. This does not make sense considering you were able to implant with your OE. Do you feel like your uterus was compromised with the transfer they did? Would you consider transferring the embryo to your RE or do you think that would compromise the vitrification?
Ugh.
How are you feeling emotionally if you want to share?
Thinking about you and I am sorry.
Violet

July 27th, 2012, 10:14 pm #3

As promised, I am reporting on my cycle at RBA. To my shock frankly, it was a BFN. They thawed six eggs, two did not make the thaw and the four that were left were fertilized. All four made it to day 5 and I had a day 5 transfer of two great embies including one hatching blast. I had one embie frozen on day 5. The last embie did not make it. I had hoped and thought that at the very least I would get implantation as my last three own egg IVF's resulted in pregnancies. I have no idea how my old crappy eggs can implant but not that of a twenty-something year old. Especially a twice proven twenty-something year old. I even got eggs from the same batch that produced two pregnancies...one set of twins and one singleton. The only real issue I can see is that my transfer was not as smooth as I'm used to. My Dr. here is smooth and there has never been an issue. With this transfer they switched instruments at least twice and they were heated!! URGH!! I did not like it one bit but brushed it aside and hoped for the best. They did a mock transfer before hand but it was not on a guided u/s. Is taht normal? I have fibroids on the outside of my uterus and they were casting shadows and blocking the Dr.'s views. Then again, as I said above, my Dr here never had an issue and did something right becuase I almost always had implantation!! Of course, one never knows why things happen but RBA has a 70% success rate when putting back in two embies. I guess it just was not my turn.

Anyway, I will go back for my frostie later this year. Thanks for all of your well wishes and help over the past few months.
I was so hopeful that this would be your time. I like Violet's suggestion about possibly transferring the embie to your usual clinic. I wonder if that is possible. Take some time for yourself this weekend to just be good to yourself.

xoxo, Tracy

sugar
sugar

July 27th, 2012, 10:17 pm #4

Oh Dee...what a terrible disappointment I am so very sorry I know how hopeful you were about this cycle but those frosties might just be the ones! You are in my thoughts and wishing you much peace. XO

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

July 27th, 2012, 10:41 pm #5

I was hoping this was your cycle. So sorry to hear the transfer was not smooth. My mock was done with ultrasound. not sure why they would do it without it. I hope your miracle is in that frostie. I think if your clinic is able to do without compromising frostie I would consider shipping embie "home".

thesameboat
thesameboat

July 27th, 2012, 11:06 pm #6

I have had both ultrasound-led transfers and non and my RE told me that in the hands of an experienced RE, there is no difference. I have also had a difficult transfer once and I do believe it can influence success rates. I wish you only the best for future.

July 28th, 2012, 12:53 am #7

I know how hard it can be to be given these kind of odds and then end up with a BFN. I'm so sorry! Much love

July 28th, 2012, 12:57 am #8

I was really hoping for you. I am an RBA success story, although not on my first try. I got pg with my sole remaining frosty. I pray that your remaining embryo results in your take home baby.

Huge

Edited to correct my auto correct and remove my ticker.
Last edited by margolis on July 28th, 2012, 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

July 28th, 2012, 2:16 am #9

I appreciate your kind words. I looked into transferring my remaining embryo to my clinic but it will cost 4x's as much as it would to just do the FET at RBA. Moreover, despite my bad luck, the embryologist at RBA is a rock-star in the industry so maybe it's better off there. Also, they are used to dealing with and thawing one embryo. It's just one and I worry about it's transport. I will speak to my Dr. at RBA about what happened at the transfer. That being said...I would really love to have that one embie in my Dr's hands here in NYC. :SIGH: I really would, but I think I had better just leave it in Atlanta.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

July 28th, 2012, 2:18 am #10

I was really hoping for you. I am an RBA success story, although not on my first try. I got pg with my sole remaining frosty. I pray that your remaining embryo results in your take home baby.

Huge

Edited to correct my auto correct and remove my ticker.
Thanks for saying this and telling me. You give me hope with my one little embie