CVS Minute Clinic - UTI

CVS Minute Clinic - UTI

minniet
minniet

March 17th, 2012, 8:55 pm #1

I just had an amazing American health care experience...maybe the first time for me!

I went to the local CVS cause I had minor UTI symptoms...got an AZO over the counter test, saw I had a UTI, and then thought...what do I do? I have all weekend and I am working Mon and Tues all day...I don't want to spend $150 and all day at urgent care and get exposed to flu...

The local urgent care hospital suggested on the phone I try CVS Minute clinic -- I just went there, and literally, in 15 minutes, had my prescription and was out the door...for the price of my co-pay!

I am thrilled to have gotten treatment so fast!

Just something to keep in mind with busy scheds...

March 18th, 2012, 1:08 pm #2

I love free market capitalism--it actually serves customer needs. CVS clinics aren't constrained by crazy Medicare or insurance rules, so they just work--amazing.

minniet
minniet

March 19th, 2012, 2:18 pm #3

I loved that CVS clinic, but, in fact, they took my insurance and do for everyone. So, they do follow the rules. They are fortunate in that they can provide the care they want, not dealing with people who are complex.

Free market capitalism has gotten me into a lot of messes -- for instance, I am uninsurable due to being IF, had to incorporate to obtain small group company insurance...and I am lucky in that my life allows us to be able to do that (type of work, income level)

I'd be quite happy with single payer similar to a Swiss system...