Cotton and other SNUZA users

Cotton and other SNUZA users

August 28th, 2012, 1:36 am #1

Cotton- I remember you suggesting that a poster interested in the Snuza buy an extra battery and I am wondering if this might be the remedy for me or if we have a problem. Two nights ago, our LO's Snuza went off twice. Unlike a few other times, it had not slipped to the side or gone off in error. It appears to be the real deal. Again during an afternoon nap, it went off again and without any error.
Our LO is 7.5 almost 8 months and maybe one other time seemed to have had an actual alarm signal on the Snuza. We have had perhaps 7-8 alarms in error during her 7.5 months.
Have you or anyone else experienced a concentration of alarms? Has anyone experienced the battery failing? Did it cause the alarm to signal?
My husband is away on work and I am a bit nervous and have the baby monitor on high volume so I can rush in if it goes off....very nerve wracking!
I will get on amazon and read any reviews if it happens to come up on them...but I thought I would toss the question out to all of you that also use it.

Also- Cotton, I remember you posted a link to the battery. I will do a search, but it you read this and have it handy, would you mind reposting it-- thanks!

August 28th, 2012, 3:21 am #2

...I can try to help First off, when you switch the Snuza on and it makes it's blip-blip "on" noise, look at the little lights. The battery light should flash green. I went through a period where the alarm was going off a lot because the diaper was bagging out a bit. You can think that you have it on there securely but, depending on baby's position, the sensor can still disconnect ever-so-slightly from his skin causing the alarm to go off. So assuming that's the issue, here's what I do: I make sure the diaper is folded over the way they say to do it, and I secure it tightly with the Velcro tabs. After slipping the Snuza into place, I put a onesie on that's kind of snug, helping to keep the sensor touching the skin at all times. And, finally, I put on a pair of pajama bottoms and make sure the elastic waist is over the Snuza as an extra way to keep it in place and connecting to the skin. I haven't had any problems since doing that. I hope this helps!! I think this is the battery but you can also call the customer service number on their website to be sure:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0046JVTS ... _rd_t=7201

August 28th, 2012, 2:36 pm #3

Those are great suggestions, both the onesie and pants elastic over the snuza.
It is funny that I am reading a lot about once the LOs start rolling, it has a tendency to alarm. But the funny thing is she is generally flat on her back when the seemingly 'real' alarms have gone off. Now saying that, I usually have her in a one piece pajama and let's face it night time diaper changes don't always result in perfectly fitting diapers.
Also, thanks for the battery link : )
Well, for a while I will have this snuza attached during all naps
I hope your little puff is dong well and of course the same for the ball. Best.

August 28th, 2012, 9:15 pm #4

Actually... When the puff is on her belly the alarm never accidentally goes off because she's pushing her belly into the Snuza. It was when she was on her back that it would pull away just slightly and go off. That's when I started the snug onesie/pajama elastic combo. But yeah, all the rolling around changes the game for sure